Chapter 75.1- The End (I)

Whether Li Chen ascended the throne or Empress Dowager Zhou grew pleased from obtaining what she desired, Prince Qing observed the mourning period within his estate in a well-behaved manner. Not long after Princess Consort Qing birthed him a son, she regained her energy, and husband and wife caused a racket as they argued every day. It would even erupt into a physical fight every few days.  

When servants came to announce Qi Yunruo’s arrival, Prince Qing said at once, “I won’t meet with him!”

That person currently stood at the eye of a storm. He himself couldn’t afford to offend anyone right now, so he naturally could not meet with Qi Yunruo.  

But Princess Consort Qing said, “You won’t see him? But I want to!”  

“You—”  

“What about me? You coward. You’re stupid, yet followed the trend in framing the emperor. Hmph!”   

“I was stupid in the past!” Prince Qing was furious. “But now I’m not. As long as I don’t provoke anyone, that’s fine. If you meet with Qi Yuze now, Li Xu won’t let us off after he ascends the throne.”  

Ice-cold, she replied, “Li Xu is even more useless than you. If he can become the emperor, then I think Great Kang will be done for.”  

Such words frightened Prince Qing to the point that his face grew ashen. But Princess Consort Qing held quite a lot of power and influence in his prince estate. Once she made the order, the steward brought Qi Yunruo in.

When he saw Prince Qing, he asked straight on, “Does Your Highness know the situation in the palace?”  

To which Prince Qing lowered his head. Not a word left his lips. It was uncertain whether his second brother or fourth brother would be the emperor in the future. Thus, he could neither assist Qi Yunruo nor offend him.

Princess Consort Qing faced him, grim laughter spilling from her lips. Then she invited Qi Yunruo to sit, before saying, “I don’t know if he heard you, but I definitely did.”  

“Zhang Qiujie!” shouted Prince Qing.  

She shot him an impatient glance, then said to Qi Yunruo in a bad mood, “This coward is terrified right now. Don’t mind him.”  

Nodding, Qi Yunruo could tell that she was the one in charge in this prince estate. In a candid manner, he said, “I came here today to ask Your Highnesses for help.”    

Anxious, Prince Qing looked at his princess consort, afraid she would agree. Gaze upon Qi Yunruo, Princess Consort Qing frowned. “Adjutant Qi, to be honest, I don’t know if I should help you.”

“You should be able to see it clearly now. Prince Jing is helping Empress Dowager Zhou. Prince Yong is usurping the throne. Or perhaps you can say, Prince Jing wants to usurp the throne.”  

“We know this too,” said Princess Consort Qing, a smile on her lips.  

“The way Princess Consort sees it, do you believe they will succeed?”  

Before she could respond, Prince Qing muttered, “Right now, Empress Dowager Zhou has detained Second Imperial Brother…”  

“But I don’t believe His Majesty would have nothing prepared,” said Qi Yunruo. “He would not so well-behavedly let Empress Dowager detain him.”

“What do you know…?” asked Prince Qing, suspicious.  

Qi Yunruo shook his head. “It’s not that I know something. I merely trust him.”