Chapter 77.2

When it was time for the noon meal, Li Yao and Li Chen sat together. Li Yao glanced at Chu’er from afar. “Your Majesty, what do you think?”

Li Chen said candidly, “I will not posthumously confer Miss Qi as empress. Her moral conduct is insufficient as the Mother of the World. Moreover, Eldest Sister… if I give her a posthumous title, she would become the first empress. In the future, she would be buried with me.”  

In a flash, realization struck Li Yao. She glanced at Qi Yunruo, who had his head lowered and was in the middle of coaxing Ayun to eat Great Kang’s dishes. And he was smiling, eyes turning into crescents.  

Li Chen continued, “Yan’er is my beloved daughter. In my heart, she’s no different from my second and third daughters. If they are given the title of ‘princesses of the legitimate line,’ then how could Yan’er live among her sisters in the future? One would fear that she would even have a rough marriage. I love all three of my daughters equally. I won’t let any of them be wronged.”  

Li Yao shifted her gaze to Chu’er. Sighed. “But maybe Chu’er doesn’t understand your deep consideration, and instead thinks that you are wronging her by not making her a ‘princess of the legitimate line.’”  

Li Chen grew silent. As the emperor, he could make quick decisions when it came to governing and politics. But as a father, when it came to the matters concerning his children, it was difficult for him to make progress.   

After a moment, Li Yao smiled. “Your Majesty, the reason for my return is that I have something to discuss with you.”  

“Please speak, Eldest Sister.”  

Li Yao looked at Ayun. “I want to look for a main consort among the Han girls for Ayun. If we bring Han girls close to his age to the Qiang’s royal capital ten plus years from now, they might not be able to grow used to it all of a sudden. I’d like for you to select a few suitable girls that I can bring back. Once they are older, I will choose one to be Ayun’s wife.” As a matter of fact, this wasn’t just for her son. It was also to water down the blood of each generation of Qiang chiefs quicker.  

Li Chen contemplated for a short period before nodding. “This is doable. We will issue the decree tomorrow.”  

Although this would require sending young girls far away from home, the way Li Chen and Li Yao saw it, this would ensure long-term peace and stability for the Great State of Kang, an action that was incredibly important.  

Suddenly, Li Chen looked at Chu’er. Calmly, he said, “Eldest Sister, bring Chu’er to the northwest for a few years.”  

“Your Majesty!” Li Yao cried out in alarm.

“The northwest is wide and spacious. I hope Chu’er can change her way of thinking. After two years, We will dispatch people to  escort her back home.”  

Slowly, Li Yao nodded. A moment later, she smiled. “I will treat Chu’er well, as if she were my own daughter.”  

“I trust Eldest Sister.” Li Chen wasn’t only convinced that Li Yao could take care of Chu’er well. He also felt that his eldest sister’s moral conduct could be the best influence on his daughter.  

In the afternoon, Li Yao hesitated on whether she should pay respects to Empress Dowager Zhou.    

Qi Yunruo also hesitated for a while. “Her Majesty the empress dowager has yet to be deposed. You should go and pay respects to her.”  

A mild smile on her lips, Li Yao nodded. Qi Yunruo took the initiative to escort her there with him leading the way, but Li Yao feared that he would be embarrassed. Qi Yunruo said, “These past three years, His Majesty has never gone to pay respects to the empress dowager. I as well.”