Chapter 68.1- On the Verge (II)

Qi Yunruo finally stepped aside from the main doors. Yet, as the soldiers rushed in, he caught sight of the content smile on Su Yuan’s face and suddenly thought, Something’s wrong! Could there really be something in His Highness’ estate?  

For this half year, Qi Yunruo and the prince had been inseparable. Naturally, he knew the prince hadn’t contacted enemies of the country. This was a false charge. However, since there was already a traitor in the estate, why couldn’t there be things in the estate that shouldn’t be there?  

As Su Yuan dismounted his horse to enter the estate, Qi Yunruo retreated a step. Then he instructed the estate guards, “Don’t let anyone near Winter Plum Courtyard. Tell the womenfolk they must make for Winter Plum Courtyard, and the young masters and young misses as well.”  

“Understood.”  

Qi Yunruo moved to the side, allowing the soldiers to enter. He shot a cold glance at Li Xiuqi. Even he wouldn’t have the qualifications to enter His Highness’ personal study. There shouldn’t be anything there…  

Qi Yunruo calmly followed after Su Yuan. Excited, Su Yuan commanded his men to check the front courtyard.

“Deputy General Su, it’s fine to exercise your authority to complete your duties,” said Qi Yunruo. “But don’t forget this is the estate of a First-Ranked prince. This isn’t a place where your men can behave atrociously.”   

Snorting coldly, Su Yuan said, “Do you actually think that after today, Prince Chun’s estate would remain how it was in the past, able to rampage at will in the capital?  

Before Qi Yunruo could retort “How did Prince Chun’s estate go on a rampage?!” he felt deep in unease. Just what was wrong? Why did Su Yuan seem so convinced that he would find something here… The inner study! It was the inner study!

All of a sudden, he shouted, stern, “Fang Ge, gather all the guards in front of His Highness’ inner study!”

In Martial Hero Hall, no one spoke. They waited for Su Yuan to bring back some evidence of Prince Chun’s crimes. Prince Yong lowered his head, silent. The letter he prepared had been written by Cheng Sijie personally. Cheng Sijie was meticulous, stamping his seal on the letter’s cover. Furthermore, his tone made it seem very likely that he and Prince Chun had a close connection. As long as Su Yuan brought back those pieces of evidence, even if there was no way to convict Prince Chun, it was enough to stain his reputation forever. And he would never be able to become the crown prince.    

Li Chen frowned inwardly. If they truly stabbed him in the back on purpose, even if he wanted to be washed clean of this dirty water, he’d have to use much effort. Right now, Mister Ouyang was still in Jiangnan. Among those in the prince estate, Cao Manjin wasn’t too capable. There was only Little Qi himself. Would Little Qi be able to handle those people?

Su Yuan said, “Sir Qi, if you truly wish to resist an imperial decree, then don’t blame this general’s sword for being ruthless.”    

Qi Yunruo had led people to block the inner study’s entrance. “The inner study is a place where His Highness stores important documents. Without his approval, no one can enter!”  

There had always been guards guarding the inner study. Qi Yunruo had been inside before, and knew that there were many letters between the prince and his trusted aides there. Furthermore, official business from the yamen that was confidential. At this moment, no matter if such information could not be spread, these evil people would still spread it and dress it up in a bad light. Not only that, Qi Yunruo sensed that Su Yuan and his men were certain of something being in the prince’s inner study, something that must be kept secret…