Chapter 77.1 (Extra)- The Princess Returns

On the day Princess Royal Changping returned to the capital, the whole capital bustled with excitement. Waiting for the princess’ carriage to arrive at Zhengyang Gate, the commoners cried out “long live the princess” simultaneously. As an emissary, Qi Yunruo personally greeted her.

Li Yao lifted the carriage curtain. Saw Empress Qi in front of the carriage and could not help but laugh.

“Princess,” said Qi Yunruo, riding a horse over. “His Majesty originally wanted to greet you in person, but something suddenly happened in the palace. So His Majesty sent me instead.”

Worried, Li Yao said, “Something happened in the palace?’

“Don’t worry. It’s not pressing.”

Her gaze fell upon Qi Yunruo. He was already an empress, but was still as humble in front of her as he had been back in the northwest. She could not help but say, “Lord of the Rear, you don’t need to do this.”

Qi Yunruo shook his head. Apart from the grand empress dowager, Princess Changping was the person the emperor respected the most. She was naturally worth Qi Yunruo’s love and respect. It had nothing to do with the hierarchical ranking of superior and subordinate. Qi Yunruo noticed a young boy behind her. He beckoned to him. “Prince Ayun, do you want to ride horses with me?”

Ayun resembled his mother. Fair skin and delicate features. Other than his eyes, which were a pretty amber, he didn’t appear any different from a Han child. His attire was that of the Qiang, clothes made of leather paired with boots. Hair tied into many braids. He seemed shy and timid. Li Yao warmly said, “Ayun, this is Uncle Qi.”

Ayun softly said, “Uncle Qi.”

Li Yao told Ayun to disembark from the carriage. Then Qi Yunruo carried him onto a horse. He told the boy to sit in front of him. Once the horse started to move, Ayun finally seemed excited. Ever since he had learned how to walk, his Royal Father taught him how to ride a horse. Now, he was already comfortable riding a small horse by himself.

As Li Yao sat in the carriage, her expression shut closed and darkened along with the drop of the curtain. Occasionally she would hear rumors on the road…

Within the palace, a grandmother and her grandchild met. The grand empress dowager and Princess Royal Li Yao sobbed before one another. Qi Yunruo dropped to a crouch, softly pushing Ayun to the older woman. The grand empress dowager said with a kind expression, “Good child, come here.”

And Ayun obeyed. The grand empress dowager caressed his little cheeks. “Truly a fine and good-looking child.”

Qi Yunruo said, “Young Prince’s eyes are very beautiful.”

Ayun looked back at him, long eyelashes fluttering. A smile graced Qi Yunruo’s lips. “To me, Young Prince looks like the emperor.”

Once again, the grand empress dowager examined Ayun. Approvingly, she said, “Exactly. They say nephews resemble their uncles. Our Young Prince Ayun truly resembles the emperor in appearance.”

Li Yao noticed that although the servants in the Palace of Merciful Peace seemed very cheerful, faint wisps of melancholy wrapped around them. At this moment, the grand empress dowager faced Qi Yunruo. “Lord of the Rear, I will be having a chat with my granddaughter. Bring Young Prince Ayun to the two princes to play. I remember that yesterday, the emperor instructed Imperial Tutor Yao not to resume classes today, correct?”

Qi Yunruo bowed. “Yes. Today the princes will have a break. I will take my leave.”

Jing’er and Mu’er had waited outside the Palace of Merciful Peace in excitement since early on. Apart from their reading partners, they did not have any other playmates. For the past few years, the palace did not host any banquets, nor did the sons of the nobility enter the palace. The two princes heard that their paternal aunt, who had married far away in the Qiang’s lands, would be making a trip to the palace, her son in tow. So they were looking forward to it. Qi Yunruo led Ayun out, and Jing’er led Mu’er as they rushed to them. “Lord of the Rear, is this Prince Ayun?” he called out.

Fei Pin Ying Qiangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें