Chapter 51- Adjutant

Although the celebration of their heroic deeds had occurred yesterday, the heroes would be commended for their military contributions on the current day, promotion being the main feature. Li Chen and Zhao Weidu's lengthy report detailing the accomplishments of anyone who had helped them had long since arrived at the capital. The Ministry of Personnel, the Ministry of Revenue, and the Ministry of War were in charge of this event. Such an immense victory was the greatest accomplishment in the Great State of Kang for many, many years. Although some were unhappy, the emperor intended to reward the troops generously and reprimand lightly those involved who had made mistakes.

Li Chen had also presented a letter to him from Princess Changping, Li Yao. After the emperor had read it, he fell silent for a good while. Following that, he did as Li Yao wanted, bestowing a hundred artisans to help Prince Bo Ge of the First Rank build a palace. He bestowed antiques, calligraphy, paintings, precious stones, and treasures. Furthermore, the emperor dispatched tens of academicians to teach the Qiang nobility.

Additionally, the emperor adopted Li Yao's personal maidservant as a daughter, bestowing her the title of Princess Zhuangjing of the Third Rank. In addition, most of the soldiers in the army were rewarded. Zhao Weidu was promoted to a second-rank Defender General for protecting the northwest region. His tacticians and deputy generals were recompensed as well. Marquis Wuding's heir, Su Yuan, was conferred the title of Conquest Deputy General. He was still stationed in the Western Mountain Camp.

Since Li Chen was already a Prince of the First Rank, he could not be promoted anymore. In the future, he would continue to supervise the Ministry of Revenue, and would also be invited to official discussions in the Ministry of War. He was bestowed 500 kg of silver and 15 kg of gold. Not to mention, in the future his two daughters would be conferred Princesses of the First Rank. More specifically, his second daughter Yan would be Princess Shunjia and his third daughter would be Princess Roujia.

However, there existed a rumor: the emperor was discontent with Princess Consort Chun and wanted to bestow Prince Chun another secondary consort. The two secondary consorts of Prince Chun had both given birth to sons, and hailed from scholarly backgrounds. Additionally, the emperor seemed interested in bestowing Zhao Weidu's sixteen-year-old eldest daughter to Prince Chun.

The rules and regulations came from the imperial household. As such, they could change such rules however and whenever they wanted. Although Li Chen's inner courtyard already had the maximum amount of secondary consorts, no one dared to say anything. Not to mention, who knew how many civil and military officials were rushing to form connections with this Prince Chun, who was basking in the limelight? Even if their daughters couldn't receive proper statuses, even if they were to become tertiary consorts or even normal concubines, perhaps in the future, there would be a tremendous change. Ever since the empress dowager had come out of seclusion, she had invited the wives of the nobility and high-ranking officials to chat time and time again. Some thought of things they should not have and brought their daughters and granddaughters to pay respects to the empress dowager.

The Qi Yunruo who was ignorant of all this sat in a chair, dazed. Mind blank, he stared at the person before him, expression stiff.

The official from the Ministry of Personnel laughed. "This humble official's side received a letter from His Highness Prince Chun one month ago. The official documents, uniform, and seal have been prepared long in advance. The adjutant of a Prince of the First Rank is a sixth-rank civil official. An egret is embroidered onto the official robe. Sir can try it on now. If there needs to be any adjustments, have the subordinates of the Ministry of Rites do so."

Su Ge had known about this matter since long ago, not the slightest bit surprised. He bowed and said to Qi Yunruo, "Will Sir try it on?"

"Oh... Alright." Qi Yunruo rose to his feet. Entered the inner chamber. Once he was before the mirror, two maidservants helped him put on the red upper outer garment and the lower garment that covered his knees. Helped him into a pair of white socks and black boots. Then they put on a belt for him and attached a girdle tassel to it. He had yet to put his hair up, so could not wear the hat.