Chapter 63.1- Night of Desire

Once Qi Yunruo supported Li Chen to his feet, Li Chen leaned against him. Following that, Qi Yunruo glanced back at the sorry-looking Qi Niqun. Hatred and abhorrence filled her gaze. He turned back around. Under the fearful gazes of Winter Plum Courtyard's servants, he supported the prince toward the exit.

After they were outside, he shouted to some idle maidservants and eunuchs, "Hurry up and bring a sedan over!"  

Li Chen's breathing proved hurried and fervent. Yet he could actually smile as he looked at Qi Yunruo. "Why are you here?"  

At the sound of those words, Qi Yunruo's expression grew dark. He supported him up the sedan. Li Chen faced upward painfully.

"Should we call for an imperial physician?" asked Qi Yunruo.  

"Don't let other people witness this joke." Li Chen closed his eyes. He pulled Qi Yunruo closer to his side. "Just having you is enough."  

Qi Yunruo blushed and nodded.  

Once again, Li Chen asked, "Why did you come?"  

Qi Yunruo did not respond from start to finish. He only continued to wipe away Li Chen's sweat, to help adjust his clothes. He also used his own hand to fan Li Chen. Very soon, the sedan reached Ink Lotus Courtyard. Qi Yunruo ordered people not to let Jing'er or Yan'er come outside. Then he brought Li Chen to bedroom.  

The next day, when Li Chen awoke, his head felt like it was splitting. He turned his body to look at Qi Yunruo, who was still asleep. Qi Yunruo's face was slightly pale. Under the quilt, Li Chen found his hand. Squeezed in once tightly.     

Then, Li Chen lay there for a while, before getting up and putting on his clothes. There were red hickeys trailing down his neck and below, the rest hidden by what he wore. Li Chen put on his outer robe by himself and made his way toward the door, opening it. On the other side of the door, Su Ge said softly, "This slave has already informed the palace that your honored self will be taking a sick leave."

Li Chen nodded. Sat down on a chair. He massaged his forehead and did not eat breakfast. Rather, he returned to his bedroom to take a look at Little Qi, then headed directly for the inner courtyard.  

Last night, Qi Yunruo didn't actually have a reason for why he had headed to Winter Plum Courtyard. Li Chen had asked him about this once the former had grown sober.

After he and the two children had finished eating the evening meal together, he waited for Li Chen inside as he read. However, no matter how long he had waited, Li Chen did not return. Following that, Qi Yunruo felt flustered. But a few maidservants and eunuchs had on strange expressions. They felt that Qi Yunruo was being too excessive. The prince and princess consort were husband and wife. Wasn't it very normal for the prince to stay overnight at the princess consort's residence?  

Despite this, Qi Yunruo had found such a thing impossible. A few days ago, Qi Niqun was just like a crazy shrew. The prince already hated her. Even if Qi Niqun apologized that night, the prince would still be cautious. At present, he did not have any reason to stay overnight at Winter Plum Courtyard... Furthermore, Qi Yunruo felt deep within his heart that the prince would definitely not do this. The one the prince loved was himself. As such, he would return.  

And so, Qi Yunruo had decided to take a look at the inner courtyard. However, even the Lulan by his side had a difficult expression as she said, "Sir, this, one would fear this is inappropriate. If His Highness and Her Highness are already asleep..."  

"It's true that His Highness likes you, but to have a reputation of being jealous..." said Luxuan.  

Qi Yunruo rose to his feet and said, ice-cold, "Then I'll just go there myself."