Chapter 36- Array of Death

As Zhao Weidu was investigating every entrance to Yushu Pass, Si De secretly brought two people inside. They were the two spies that Xinyuan Country’s king had ordered to infiltrate the pass. Their names were Yuan Feiyu and Cha He.

After Li Chen had left, Qi Yunruo originally wanted to visit Big Sis Yuanyuan and her kids, before returning to their quarters. But on the way there, he caught sight of Brother A’Cheng dressed casually, leading two people. As he laid eyes on those two people, Qi Yunruo frowned with uncertainty. They seemed familiar. Although he did not recognize them, they seemed to have often appeared before him.

For some reason, perhaps the doing of a higher power, Qi Yunruo changed his path. He followed them from afar. Wasn’t General Si De responsible for supporting Li Chen’s army? And wasn’t General Zhao Weidu trying to unearth all the spies? Brother A’cheng was Si De’s subordinate. So what was he doing?  

It felt as if something pierced his heart.

Si De’s camp was special. Because there were many locals that formed the military population there, they were more familiar with each other. Even the staff there, cooks and laundry washers among others, were local. Moreover, it wasn’t like Zhao Weidu’s camp, which was serious, strict, and did not allow just anyone entrance, guards watching at every step.

As Qi Yunruo followed them inside, he did not attract much attention. However, the further he went, the more concentrated the people were. It was too obvious he was a stranger. What should he do? Who should he look for? General Zhao was not present. His Highness’ men had already left as well. Who would believe he belonged here? However, his intuition was acting up. Because Si De had allowed those two familiar people entrance, who would believe in the possibility of a conspiracy?

It had only been one hour since Li Chen and the army left the grounds.   

Suddenly, Qi Yunruo thought of something. Those two with special identities had entered through the front entrance. One would fear they would not leave from the same place. Qi Yunruo made a trip around to the back entrance of the general’s tent. There, it was closer to Zhao Weidu’s camp. After he saw the door, Qi Yunruo suddenly found his actions baffling. He wanted to leave this place, but it were as if roots had sprung from his feet into the ground.

Fifteen minutes later, Yuan Feiyu and Cha He exited the tent. Lingering on Yuan Feiyu’s lips was a hint of a sneer. He recalled what Si De had said earlier:

“Did you really think this general would not be aware of your actions? When this general had first started guarding the pass, you two were still children.”    

Yuan Feiyu and Cha He did not speak. The other party had the power to kill them, and as such, they could only follow his orders. However, Si De was very calm, allowing them to leave. Furthermore, he asked them a request: to quickly leave the pass and gather a large group in front of Yanluo Valley to ambush Si De’s men, which were coming in six hours.

Cha He widened his eyes in disbelief. Yuan Feiyu understood in a flash, mouth twisting in a sneer. “For General Si to delay the support, perhaps you want your prince to die?”

Si De’s gaze was sombre. “There won’t be any disadvantages for you to do this. If Prince Chun achieves a great victory, the next one to suffer would be your Xinyuan Country.”

Yuan Feiyu fell silent. Then suddenly said, “Perhaps General Si knows Fu Liang.”  

Si De smiled. His gaze carried thick ridicule.

Yuan Feiyu felt more and more carefree. There was no honesty or truth among the princes of the Great State of Kang. Only lies. They would in fact benefit from Prince Chun’s death. From what he knew, the other princes did not have as much ability as Prince Chun.