Chapter 67.2

Within the imperial palace, Li Chen sat calmly in his seat holding a cup of tea.    

“The concubine of Cheng Lingjun has already confessed. The masters behind her are Cheng Sijie and Prince Chun. These past few years, Prince Chun has controlled the Ministry of Revenue and embezzled innumerable funds. Large amounts of wealth has been brought into Xinyuan Country. The king of Xinyuan Country agreed to hand over their influence and spies in our capital.  

“Not only that, but many of the influential families that had connections with the prior dynasty and were supporting Cheng Sijie in secret are now supporting Prince Chun.  

“In the northwest, Prince Chun used his male pet to make contact with Cheng Sijie.  

“Cheng Sijie and Prince Chun have continual letter correspondence…”  

Li Chen merely sat and did not seem to have the intention to kneel and beg for forgiveness. He did not even refute a single word for himself. Each of the imperial princes had on a different expression. Prince Yong had his head lowered, the most nervous among them. He did not wish for the thorough collapse of his Second Imperial Brother. He only wanted his imperial father to completely hate his Second Imperial Brother, because then he would have the highest chance to become the crown prince.  

“Prince Chun, what do you have to say?” asked the emperor.

The main doors of Prince Chun’s estate slowly opened before Qi Yunruo. With a serene expression, he gazed at the soldiers outside. The general leading the group grasped the reins of his horse, looking down at him loftily.    

Qi Yunruo said with indifference, “So it turned out to be Deputy General Su. It’s been a while.”  

Never had Su Yuan expected it to be him. At once, new hatred and old grudges rushed forth in his heart. He laughed grimly. “No wonder I couldn’t find a ‘Young Noble Li’ anywhere in the capital. So you were actually that young noble from the Li family. Good. Adjutant Qi, Sir Qi, please step aside from the main doors of Prince Chun’s estate. This general has an imperial decree at hand. His Majesty has ordered this general to bring my subordinates to search the estate.”

Li Chen said, “Son-Official has nothing to say.”    

“Oh?”  

“One can always trump up a charge against another. In all likelihood, no matter what Son-Official says now, there would be people who think Son-Official is resorting to sophistry. So what could Son-Official even say?”  

Prince Qing sneered. “Since you have nothing to say, then is Second Imperial Brother admitting guilt?”  

Li Chen smiled. “Why should I admit to being guilty?”  

“Does Second Imperial Brother truly think you don’t have any information that can be used against you?” said Pince Qing. “An advisor of your estate, Li Xiuqi, said that you always complain about Imperial Father not conferring you the position of crown prince. That you were resentful time after time again. You even said that no matter what schemes were needed, you must become the crown prince.”  

As Li Xiuqi slowly walked to where Qi Yunruo was, Qi Yunruo firmly wrinkled his brows. Indeed, he had never imagined that the person who kept transmitting news to outside the estate was this person. He had suspected many people in the past. But after investigating them, he could not find any proof. Later on, Qi Yunruo suspected Cao Manjin. He found him greedy for money; if someone tried to bribe him, he would definitely betray the prince.  On the other hand, Li Xiuqi had even dared to impeach his superior after painstakingly becoming an official, and was dismissed from office as a result. If Prince Chun did not ascend the throne, he would not have another chance at becoming an official for the rest of his life.