Chapter 52- If You Love Someone, Then Let Them Go (I)

During this period, Qi Niqun didn't have a good time. Ever since the rumors had appeared in the capital, she was flustered and exasperated. And after she had requested help from the empress, the situation grew even bigger. The most important thing: Qi Niqun did not give birth to a son. Instead, she had given birth to a daughter again.

Secondary Consort Ji's son was already three years old. Additionally, Secondary Consort Wei's son was in good health. Qi Niqun grew more and more fearful. The prince had returned in triumph, and there was a rumor that the emperor wanted to bestow Zhao Weidou's eldest daughter to the prince. As the tide rose, so would the boat; Zhao Weidou was experiencing such a phenomenon at present. Naturally, his daughter had a high status. Every day, Qi Niqun was as worried to the extreme.  

As she entered the room, the wet nurse carried her daughter, Third Young Miss, Princess Roujia. Qi Niqun did not notice Qi Yunruo. She curtsied. "This concubine pays respects to Your Highness."

"Please stand, Princess Consort. Bring Roujia over for this prince to see." 

Qi Niqun smiled faintly as she stood. But the moment she caught sight of Qi Yunruo, she widened her eyes in shock. Qi Yunruo merely met her gaze. She lowered her head and frowned deeply. Turned to the side to receive her daughter from the wet nurse. Then she approached Li Chen's side.  

The Third Young Miss had a title but not yet a name. Li Chen looked at the small infant. She seemed a lot skinnier and weaker than her sister Li Yan had been at her age. Her face also wasn't as fair and tender as her sister's. Li Chen received his daughter from Qi Niqun. A wave of relief washed over Qi Niqun. Li Chen said, "Currently, it's the period when grass grows and orioles fly. This little girl has just been conferred a princess, and it's an auspicious time to give her a name. So let's name her Ying'er."

Once more, Qi Niqun curtsied. "This concubine thanks Your Highness in Ying'er's stead."  

Li Chen said to Su Ge, "Hurry and invite Princess Consort to sit."  

Li Chen already knew most of what had occurred in the prince estate while he had been away. The other people in the estate knew their place. When the princess consort was going through labor, it was Princess Consort Jing who came to help. Princess Consort Yong had also come. However, she was too young, so did not know what to do. Princess Consort Jing had been the one managing everything. Whereas, Princess Consort Qing had only shown her face on the third day, the Day of Cleanse. She did not appear during any other time. Qi Niqun's face still appeared haggard. She shifted her gaze to Qi Yunruo, a trace of curiosity on her face.  

"Currently, Little Qi is the newly-appointed adjutant of Prince Chun's estate," said Li Chen.  

"Your Highness-" shrieked Qi Niqun. It frightened Ying'er, who had originally been looking at her father. She started to bawl. The wet nurse rushed to hold her.   

Tranquil, Qi Yunruo stood at one side. Annoyance in his expression, Li Chen waved to dismiss the wet nurse. He lightly patted Ying'er's back. Qi Niqun sneered. "What does Your Highness mean by this?"  

After Ying'er's sobs finally subsided, Li Chen had someone take the child outside. Indifferently, he said, "What does Princess Consort mean?"  

Face ashen, Qi Niqun said, "How would people see Prince Chun's estate from now on? Who in the capital doesn't know what kind of identity Qi Yunruo has? Because of him, Your Highness' reputation suffered in the northwest. It almost brought in big trouble. Not just anyone can take on the position of the adjutant for this prince estate. If Your Highness wants to reward him, just giving him gold, silver, and jewels is enough. Why must he be compensated with an official position?" If it were in the past, Qi Niqun would not have questioned the prince in such a tone. She had erupted too quickly. So much so that even she herself found something wrong about it. However, those sharp words had already left her lips.