Chapter 54.2

Actually, Qi Niqun was already on the way to Frost Autumn Courtyard. Not long after Li Chen had ordered for her to be summoned, she arrived. She first saluted to Li Chen, before her gaze landed on Qi Yunruo for a few moments.

Li Chen asked, “Is Princess Consort aware of what happened?”    

“This concubine heard bits and pieces of it on the road here.”  

“Then how does Princess Consort think this matter should be handled?”  

Qi Niqun replied, “The people who attend to Jing’er and Mu’er did not watch over them well. They ought to be punished. However, the wet nurses are a bit different. Once they have been fined, they should continue with their work.”  

Once the words had left Qi Niqun’s lips, the few low-ranked servant girls fell to a kneel to beg. And Mu’er began to cry again. Qi Yunruo hurried to say, “Send everyone out. Don’t scare Second Young Master.”  

As he had spoken, Jing’er glanced at him again. Qi Yunruo smiled toward the child. This time, he didn’t care about Consort Ji’s gaze. He took the initiative to reach out toward Jing’er, and the child placed his small hand on top of his. Then he started to lead Jing’er out of the room.  

In the end, Li Chen agreed with Qi Niqun’s decision, punishing all of the servant girls and only keeping the wet nurses. The maidservants who waited on Jing’er all stared at him with pleading looks as they knelt. Jing’er said, “Father, this was my fault, not theirs.”    

“As servants, if they are unable to take care of their master well, what’s the point of keeping them?”

Sadness filling his heart, Jing’er said, “If only I didn’t want to see Little Brother no matter what. I heard that babies are cute and sensible, and would even call me Big Brother.”  

Qi Yunruo’s heart skipped a beat.  

“Your Highness, at present, both secondary consorts have given birth to a son,” said Qi Niqun. “In the first place, Frost Autumn Courtyard doesn’t have much space. How about having one of the secondary consorts move out? It’ll be convenient for their regular pattern of life.”  

Li Chen nodded. “This matter will be up to Princess Consort to handle.”  

Once the imperial physician had rushed over, he examined Mu’er. “Fortunately the mat on the bed is thick. The little master is fine.”     

The maidservants sent off the imperial physician, and Consort Wei let out a breath of relief. Although her son was not punished, Consort Ji didn’t care that the servants were punished. She shot a cold glance at Consort Wei. Couldn’t help but think it would have been great if he had actually dropped the baby. Now that mother and son pair had benefited.

Who would have known Li Chen would say in the next moment, “Jing’er has grown up, and only knows how to play with the servant girls. Why not have him move to the forecourt so his teachings can start as soon as possible?”   

“Your Highness!” screamed Consort Ji. Then, in a frenetic manner, she said, “Your Highness, Jing’er is only three years old… Didn’t Your Highness say previously that Jing’er can stay with this concubine until he is five?”  

“Since you don’t have any capable servants, this prince’s residence has enough people to carefully watch the child.”

Consort Ji’s tears fell. She pleaded, “Your Highness, how about we let Jing’er stay here one more year? Jing’er is very naughty. If he disturbs Your Highness in the forecourt…”