Chapter 46.1- A Type of Yearning

Qi Yunruo and the more than ten young boys and girls stayed overnight in an empty house. The next day, he woke up feeling sore all over. The human broker gave each of them a mixed-grain bun, informing them that they would start their journey today. They relied on more than three carriages for transport. It would take three to four days before they reached the royal capital of the Qiang.  

He washed his face with cold water. Tired and hungry, he really worried whether Cheng Sijie would search for him in the city. Although Qi Yunruo wasn't sure how much trouble he had given him, it would be hard for Cheng Sijie to throw out those Qiang people. After they had smashed open the floor in the abandoned side wing of the palace, they should have gone above ground and created a disturbance.  

Qi Yunruo left the house with the gloomy atmosphere. As he did, two servants in the courtyard glanced at him. The human broker was of the Qi ethnicity, surnamed Mo She. He was in the middle of preparing the oxen, horses, and luggage. This courtyard was very close to the human market. Other than the ten plus people staying here, there were also servants of differing ages. With furrowed brows, Mo She looked at Qi Yunruo. "Are you full? If you're full then get to work!"

Qi Yunruo nodded. He noticed that Mo She didn't only buy slaves but also purchased goods. For example, spices and cloth. Qi Yunruo helped to move things around and Mo She watched him for a while. "Which family did you escape from?" asked Mo She.  

Qi Yunruo stood there, dazed. Then he quickly replied, "The Feng family!"  

Mo She frowned and grunted in question.

"Does your honored self not know the Feng family would soon meet disaster?" said Qi Yunruo in an ambiguous manner. "In a few days, the king will deal with them. If I don't leave now, don't tell me I'll have to be implicated with them?"  

Mo She muttered, "Is that true?"  

Although Qi Yunruo wasn't sure what Mo She had been referring to, he still nodded. "The Feng family conspired a lot. Sooner or later they would encounter an accident."   

Mo She narrowed his eyes as he stared at Qi Yunruo. "Did you do unskilled labor?"  

"I worked in the accounts office, writing and balancing the books."  

Without realizing it, Mo She thought that once he returned with a fortune from the Qiang lands, Xinyuan Country would have changed immensely. The Feng family was the most influential family of the Qi ethnic group. If they declined, the Qi people would not have a chance to be in power for many years.

Come noon, the group set off. Mo She, a hired thug, and a few carriage drivers brought more than ten new slaves and the other goods. Qi Yunruo sat in the middle carriage. There was no roof. A glance, and one could see everyone in the carriage. He took note of the groups of patrol soldiers coming and going. If they saw any suspicious people, they would immediately approach them and interrogate them. The members of Qi Yunruo's group were mostly thin and sallow. Also, as a standard human broker, Mo She did not attract the attention of the patrolling soldiers.     

From the human market to the city, then from the city to a different road out of it, Mo She's group had only been stopped once in the middle of the route. To curry favor, Mo She handed over a pouch of money. He smiled. "Daring to ask what kind of people Officer is searching for?"

The patrol officer at the front slipped the pouch into a pocket by his hip. His expression grew shades gentler. "A woman... You're all leaving the city?"  

Mo She took out his documents and said, "These are all to be sent to the Qiang. Here's also the signature of the magistrate's office. These girls are all from poor families. Officer can search at will."