Chapter 2

"Wha-" you questioned.

"Girls...there is no talking during my class." The teacher interrupted as you gave Robin a questionable look.

The class ended, but you had more questions than when you first walked in. You were left with questions needing to be answered.

"What do you mean, not the same since you left?" You asked as you ran up to her in the hallway.

"Ever since Will Byers went missing and came back a couple of years ago, around the time you left, weirdly enough, things haven't been the sweet old Hawkins anymore."

What?

How she talked to you almost felt like you knew this girl your entire life.

"You seem to be a very nice person, y/n," she continued closing her locker.

She looked down at you with her blue eyes. "I don't want someone like you getting into trouble."

"Thanks," you said, smiling at her, still confused.

She lifted her arm and tapped your shoulder. "See you around, y/n," she said.

"See you around."

It's confusing that a random girl you met had so much concern for you. To be honest, it comforted you. Someone is looking out for you.

School had ended, and you were on your way home. Glad it was a Friday because you were tired already from traveling and school.

Saturday came along pretty fast.

You took your meds like you do every morning and roamed bored until you grabbed your favorite novel and sat on your grandmother's couch listening to the music she was playing on her record player - "Dream a little dream."

When all of a sudden.

"Hey, Hunny, why don't you pick a movie at that Family Video store down the street? Anything you like."

"Alright. Sound like fun!" you agreed as you marked your spot in the book and got yourself up.

Your grandmother handed you some dollar bills, and you grabbed your car keys.

You hopped in your car and followed the direction for the video store on your map.

You had no memories of Hawkins having a video store, so you had to look it up.

That looks like it.

You opened the doors to the establishment and were immediately surprised at who you saw.

"Well, look who it is! Miss newbie," a familiar voice said.

"Hey, Robin! I didn't know you worked here," you said.

small town

"Yeah, a small town isn't it," she said

"Yeah. it is"

"Well, what can I do for yah?" Robin asked, leaning over the counter.

"Do you have (your favorite 80s movie)?" you questioned.

"Ummm...." she paused in confusion.

I guess she doesn't know what it is.

She started looking around for reinforcements.

"HEY STEVE!" she yelled.

You jumped at the sudden shriek that came from her vocal cords. Luckily only one person was in the store. They even jumped at her shout of hers.

You heard a small "yeah" from the back of the store.

"COME. HERE," Robin yelled back. She looked back at you with a smile of embarrassment.

"Steve's my coworker," she shrugged, trying to make it less awkward. They seemed more like siblings than coworkers.

You nodded in agreement, nervous as to what could happen next.

A guy, you presumed was Steve, came running towards the counter. His hair tossed up and down as he moved.

His...hair.

"What are you fussing up about now?" he asked, agitated by Robin's obnoxious screaming a second ago. He stood there looking at her with his hands on his hips, not even noticing you...

"My friend here needs help finding a movie."

Immediately your eyes met with his.

His were stern and fierce at first, but the more you held your gaze with his, the softer they became.

There was love and assurance in his eyes

You managed to capture all that in 3 seconds.

"Hi," he spoke.

"Hi"