Chapter 25

You both had made it to skull rock and decided to stay there until you two had a plan. You couldn't return to the shed because Jason and his gang of beefcakes would find you there. This was the only place at the moment. The problem was that your car was near the shed. Hopefully, they would think it was the owner's and not yours. Plus, it was dark with animals and monsters lurking, which would not be a pretty picture.

You both hid under the rocks sitting across from each other.

You tried to make yourself comfortable lying down on the cold moss beneath you, but it felt like knives stabbing into you. It was the beginning of winter, and you only had a long sleeve top on and jeans.

You tucked your legs against your chest, burying your face to compact your body heat. Your body jolted with every shiver.

"Your shivering. Here." Eddie said as he took off his jacket and gave it to you. He couldn't bare seeing you suffer trying to keep yourself warm.

"What about you?" You said.

"You need it more than I do." He said, still suggesting you take his jacket.

"Thanks," You said as you put it on.

It reeked, but it kept you warm.

There was a silence between you two. However, you were trying to think of a plan. You couldn't make a fire because that would cause too much attention and leave tracks. Nor could you use a flashlight to see. So you were in the pitch black with him.

You, too, just sat there under the skull on the cold mesh.

You looked at his figure across from you.

Oh, for Christ's sake.

You could see him start to suffer as well. So you hunched over and crawled to him. Putting your body next to him. The initial shock subsided as he didn't say a word, but you could feel his arms wrap around you, pulling you closer. You took the jacket he gave you and laid it over the both of you. You could feel the smile that lay on his lips.

"Is this better?" You asked softly, attempting to make yourself comfortable. Your eyes felt heavy.

"Very much." He sighed in comfort. His tone of voice started to weaken as the tiredness settled in.

"Good." You responded as you began to close your eyes. Feeling him against your body made you feel safe in his arms.

"I'm sorry," he said, looking straight ahead.

You looked up at him.

"For getting upset at you earlier. You were trying to help."

You didn't say anything, and that made you feel guilty because you didn't.

You didn't know how to respond to that kind of statement.

He was trying to protect you.
...

That night was rocky because every sound you heard made you wake. When the sun rose to greet Hawkins, you finally admitted to opening your eyes thoroughly. The sun felt pleasant and warm against your skin. You looked around your surroundings to check if everything was okay. Then, you looked at Eddie: your head was on his chest, but his arm still grasped you. His head was slumped on his shoulder, still perfectly asleep. A smile appeared on your face as you brushed the hair off his. He looked funny while he slept. That made you smile even more. You slowly and carefully wiggled yourself out of his grasp, but you felt it get stronger.

"Where're you going?" he grunted, still half asleep.

You stopped moving.

"Did I wake you?" you asked worriedly.