Chapter 17

You were driving as fast as you could back home. You finally pulled into your driveway on the dot. You opened the door just as the grandfather clock in your grandparent's living room struck 11.

You saw your grandfather in the same spot you left him.

"Hey, Sweety! How was your study session?" he said sarcastically. It almost was like he knew there was no study session.

You had forgotten about the lie you told him.

"Uuhh, it went great!" you played safe.

"good," he replied.

You slowly started to walk to your room.

"Good night!" you said just loud enough for him to hear you.

You threw yourself on your bed and sighed at the relief of being home on time.

You had finally relaxed.

And thoughts flooded your head about tonight.

The thoughts of him and only him consumed your mind. Everything about him. His hair, the smell of his cologne, his smile...the touch of his lips. You could even feel him as if he was close to you. You had never kissed anyone like that before. All the worries and anxiety you've been having swept away under your feet. Better than any drug.

You went to bed easy that night.

....

: The following day:

You were in a good mood today.

"Hey, Robin!"

"Hey, y/n!"

And your day just got better.

It was the next day and the last day of school until the weekend approached Hawkins.

"Are you heading to Mrs. Huns?" you asked as you both walked into the hall about to go to your first class.

"Maybe," she snickered.

"How did it go with your grandma?"

"...Oh. About that." guilt was written all over your face. You had to be truthful with her. Friends don't lie. You wouldn't want to ruin this friendship you had with her. She has stood by your side ever since.

She looked at you in shock as you both stopped walking.

"Why? Is there something wrong," she asked, grabbing your shoulders and shaking them a little. Being as she was, she took it a little too seriously. I guess it was because of you getting blackout drunk that one night.

"No. No!" you started to say as you grabbed her hands.

"Can I tell you at lunch?"

She nodded, and later that day, you met with her outside, where it was a little more private and less chaotic than the lunch room.

"Alright! Tell me!" She yelled, slamming her lunch down on the table.

You sat right across from her.

"I didn't help my grandma yesterday." You said.

You looked down at your hands.

"I went to see Eddie."

"What!" She suddenly stood up in complete shock and with an angry tone.

"Calm down! It wasn't like that." You silenced her, signaling her to sit back down.

"Look. He isn't as bad as you think he is." You said, leaning in.

"He sells drugs. That has danger written all over it!" She said.