Chapter 15

There was a band playing up on the stage.

"I know. You're in Hellfire, right?" You asked.

You remembered the day you saw them when Robin pointed them out.

"If you're talking about the club, then yes. If you were asking about the band, then no. That goes against our expertise. We just play DND." Dustin added.

"I used to play DND. It's a lot of fun if you know all the rules," you laughed, replaying the good old days.

"You play DND!!" They both yelled in unison, stopping themselves in their tracks. They were shocked at the fact that a person like you knew how to play.

Suddenly you all had managed to grab the people's attention around you.

"I said I used to, not anymore." You whispered as you kept walking forward.

"Well, we always need new people," Mike said catching up.

"It would help our club if we had-" Dustin added.

You didn't get to answer his comment because you were interrupted.

"Hellfire is next to play their song 'Girl on Fire!"

"We should probably go."

You didn't say anything. You just followed their lead.

Through the chaos, they managed to take you backstage.

I must be that special, huh.

Everyone was hustling around to get things ready for Hellfire's performance.

"Where's Eddie?!" Mike questioned, asking the band.

"I don't know. He's probably in there" One of the base guitarists pointed to a door.

The freshmens walked towards the door that said Hellfire, written with chalk. And you followed.

"Hey, Eddie? It's me." Dustin knocked.

"Come in," He said politely.

Dustin slowly creaked open the door, letting you into the small room.

"You ready, Eddie?" Dustin asked, pumped up for his performance.

Eddie turned around, looking extremely nervous but had a smile on his face. His hands were in a knot, and sweat was starting to form on his forehead.

"Uh. Yeah!" He said, letting out a big sigh, trying to control his nerves.

He glanced over at you.

"You made it," he said, almost shocked that you even showed up. He thought you would ditch like the rest of them.

"I did."

"Hey, can I talk to y/n? Alone," he said, telling the boys to leave the room. They both looked at you, then at him, and, without questions, left gladly. They probably thought it was a relationship thing even though you weren't a couple.

"Good luck, man!" They said.

As soon as they left the room, he fumbled with his stance.

"Uhh, I can't do this!" He grunted, sitting near the table like he was about to faint.

"Hey. Of course, you can!" You reassured, kneeling in front of him.

"I feel like I'm going to be sick," he said as he buried his face with his hand.

He was terrified. It was a big crowd. Anybody in his position would feel like they were going to vomit.

You wondered if maybe that was why he was by himself here in this room. Why did he want to talk to you alone? Perhaps he was trying not to show any sign of fear to his friends.

You looked at him, trying to find the words to say in this fragile moment.

"Imagine... It's just me in the audience." You said, trying to make him feel any ounce of confidence with the bit of time you had left.

He peaked his eye through his hand to look at you.

"That's even worse." He smirked.

Your eyes widened as a smile started to peek through.

"Look, it's better to die trying than not trying at all." You said, trying to take things seriously now.

Where did that line come from? You didn't know.

"Are you a wise poet now?" he chuckled.

You could tell he was feeling better, and you stood up to offer your hand.

"Go give those sons-a-bitches a show of a lifetime."

He looked up at you as he smiled. His face immediately changed to a more positive outlook. He swept his hand to take yours and jumped up, still holding your hand.

"Will I have Hellfire be ready at the stage!" The announcer said.

You were only a few inches away from his face. He examined your eyes and then glanced at your lips.

He took one last look at his guitar before grabbing it and putting it over his shoulder.

"Thanks, freak." He grinned, then bursted out of the room.

What just happened?

"Let's blow this whole thing out of their asses!" He yelled, and his crew cheered as they all settled on the stage.

"Let's blow this whole thing out of their asses!"  He yelled, and his crew cheered as they all settled on the stage