Chapter 20

You closed the door behind you. You didn't want your grandparents to hear him.

"What happened to Eddie?" You told him.

He avoided the question.

"Do you know where he is?!" He asked, now raising his voice out of frustration.

"No! The last time I spoke to him was yesterday at school, but that was it." You spoke as you were still thinking about what Eddie might have said.

"He said that he had a client later that day and-"

"Chrissy." The red hair girl spoke.

Chrissy. Why does that name sound familiar?

You looked at her. They somehow already knew this. Then you made the connection.

"Chrissy? Chrissy, the cheerleader!" You realized.

...oh no. It's real.

"This isn't about that murder that happened last night? Right?" You questioned, looking at both of them.

They didn't speak a word.

Dustin sighed. Giving up.

"Max claims that she saw Eddie with Chrissy last night. Then the next morning, her body was found in his trailer." He said.

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. You didn't know what to say.

Maybe Robin was right.

Max could tell you were shocked at what Dustin had just told you.

"Look, we don't believe he did it. We need to find him before the news gets out of him being the main suspect." She said.

You were second-guessing everything about Eddie at this point.

"I tried calling his telephone, but no one picked up." You finally said.

"Can you call him again?" Dustin pleaded.

"I can try, but if he's out on the run, I doubt he will answer." You said.

"She's right! We are going to need to find where he might be staying." Max said.

"Max. Isn't that the entire point of why we are here!" Dustin said, getting even more frustrated.

"No." You said.

They all stopped arguing and looked at you.

"We need to find who he's staying with," you said, looking at Max and then at Dustin.

That doesn't make so much sense either, but it will in a moment.

At this point, you didn't know who or what to believe. If you had to go there, how could a person like Eddie murder an innocent person?

You didn't know. You needed more answers.

Dustin, however, needed reinforcements.

Dustin said he needed to call everyone who knew where he could be. To do that, he needed people's phone numbers. So, what is the one place where people go? Family Video.

"When renting or buying a movie, you must put your information into the system. He has to be in the system or someone who knows where he might be!" Dustin concluded, and you three were off to the family video.

...

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asked Steve and Robin as they scrutinized him with confusion about the sudden urge for phones.

Robin and Steve glanced at you.

Dustin gladly took the matter into his own hands and climbed over the counter, and hijacked the computer from Robin. Steve, obviously upset, yelled at him like a mother yelling at their child. He was agitated by him.