Chapter 31

The plan was settled.

You were going to stay in the real world in the trailer with Max while you go to talk to Vecna. Eddie and Dustin would remain in the Upside Down and distract his monsters. Making sure nothing harmed you.

Then, Nancy, Robin, and Steve were going to kill Vecna physically.

Finally, Lucas and Erica were going to go to the house and signal them and you when it's the time to shine.

"You sure you will be okay?" Eddie asked, grabbing both of your shoulders as his gaze hardened.

"I will be okay. Just. Don't die." you said jokingly, even though it's still possible for either of you.

"You can't kill me off that easily," he smirked.

You analyzed his face as if this was the last time you were going to see him.

You felt the warmth of his hand that caressed your face. He stared at you with duality of contentment and sadness. He leaned forward, laying his head against yours.

"Be careful," he whispered.

You slowly lifted your head as you felt his breath brush against your face.

"I will," you said.

He lifted his head, laying a soft kiss on your forehead.

"Okay," he spoke softly.

Moments after, it was time.

You sat on the couch with Max by your side, just as you planned. She had your walkman just in case.

"If anything happens, you put the headphones on me, got it." You told her.

"Got it," she said.

You had formulated a plan.

If I negotiate with him, maybe, just maybe, it will be a long enough distraction.

"They are waiting for you, y/n," Max spoke after picking up her walkie.

You nodded and grabbed her hand.

You closed your eyes. Taking deep breaths and clearing your mind.

Henry.

I know you are listening...

We need to talk.

Still grabbing Max's hand, you waited.

"Hello, y/n"

You opened your eyes and knew exactly where you were.

Vecna's lair

"I heard you want to talk," he said.

"Yes," you said.

"Have you...decided?" he asked.

"I have given some thought. However, I have some questions first," you said.

Eddies POV:

"How is she doing down there!?" he yelled to Max once he and Dustin got inside after playing the biggest Metal concert of his life, leading all the bats here.

He had told you earlier he had been practicing that song for weeks after it came out.

"She's okay!" Max yelled back.

"Don't worry, Eddie. It'll be fine." Dustin reassured as they went back to back, ensuring every corner.

The sound of screeching bats surrounded the trailer.

"Yeah. But I'm not so sure about that."

Your Pov:

"Why me?" you asked.