Chapter 37

The morning shined luminously with the warm sun that peeped through the windows. However, the city was still in a panic, and people were evacuating Hawkins.

With everyone pulling their children out of school, there were very few people at Hawkins High. Half of the teachers left as well. They were all terrified of what Hawkins had become.

The whole town was under strict surveillance.

Hawkins High was currently a place to help people who lost their homes and their livelihood to the world splitting open. Therefore, school was put to a pause.

"Hey, do you want to come and volunteer? It might be a...good distraction." Robin nicely suggested it.

"You want me to drive, huh?" you joked. She saw you in struggle.

"Yeah," she admitted.

"I'll come." you agreed

She was right; it would be a good distraction. So, to keep your promise to Eddie, you went with her. Even though that feeling of losing him had subsided, you still had to play the act.

What you truly desired to do was to experiment with your capabilities.

You couldn't let Vecna inside your head.

However, you had no clue where to start.

I wish mom were here.

Once you both arrived at the high school, they each separated the volunteers into different stations. You were put to organize clothing that people have donated along with Steve, who was also volunteering.

One of the directors approached you personally and requested that you grab the boxes of clothing and bring them back to your station. You obeyed and grabbed the donated boxes.

With your hands full, you noticed a billboard full of papers.

You looked past and saw a missing person.

With your face on it.

You quickly grabbed it, yanked it off its pin, and crumpled it in your hand. You were hoping nobody noticed your actions.

Then you noticed right beside where yours used to be, was his.

Missing person: Eddie Munson.

His image was marked with demonic symbols in red marker.

You stopped to look at it feeling remorseful for whoever put up the flyer. And you wanted to put fear into the person who marked it.

"You know Eddie?" You heard an older voice say.

You turned to see an older gentleman looking like he hadn't slept in days.

He must need help if he was here.

"Yes. I've known him for a while." You muttered feebly.

"You must be y/n." He said as his face brightened in aspiration while his hand held out for you to shake.

"In the flesh." You said, displaying a weak smile on your lips as you shook his hand.

"He talked greatly about you." He said almost happy to see you, but you never met or talked to him ever.

"Really?" You questioned.

I didn't know Eddie talked about me.

"Oh yeah! His face gleamed every time he talked about you. Now I know why; you are gorgeous, just like he described." He complimented.

Your face illuminated at his statement. Feeling warmness in your cheeks.

"Eddie had told me stories about you. He loved you very much-" You replied.