Chapter 22

They all concluded that they must kill this Vecna monster and prove Eddie's innocence.

But how exactly?

That was the question.

That was about a couple of days ago. You haven't talked or hung out with them since. It felt a little weird as they were off doing their own thing. Were they creeped out because of what you told them? Did they think of you as too much of a threat? Did you scare them?

You woke up and did your daily morning routines. You entered your bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet to take your daily medication.

Wait. Why am I taking these again?

Your mind was stumbled. You couldn't remember when you started taking them. You didn't know anything about medications, but somehow you didn't want to take them.

The time you didn't take the medication; you had the vision about Chrissy.

"Hunny! There is a call for you!" Your grandmother shouted.

You ran out, still in your pajamas, coming to grab the phone from her.

"It's your father," She whispered as she handed you the phone.

"Hey, dad!" You said.

"Hey, pal! How are you? Is school okay? I'm sorry I didn't call you sooner." He confessed.

"Yeah. Yeah. School is okay. I made a couple of friends." You smiled.

"Good! Hey, I just wanted to let you know that my work is giving me some time off during the holidays. Now, I can come and see yah!" He said.

"That's great, dad!"

"Yeah! Oh! I have to go, hun. Tell your grandmother that I called the pharmacy about your medication."

"Yeah, dad, about that. Why did I start taking them anyway?" You questioned.

He paused and hesitated.

"Well, honey, it was for your insomnia and nightmares." he said carefully.

"Yeah, but do I still need to take them?" you asked.

"Listen. Be good and take your meds, okay? I love yah! Bye!"

"Wait! Uh Love you-

too."

He hung up.

He didn't answer my question. Why? It was a simple yes or no question. If these dreams or visions are true like what Dustin had claimed, and these pills are helping hide these dreams, then...

You looked at the pill bottle.

But he did answer one thing.

You took two pills out.

They were for nightmares.

Walked into your room.

The very nightmares that I saw of the monster.

And threw them out.

If these dreams are connected to that alternate dimension, then I shouldn't be taking them. If that means to help Hawkins and for the people I care about then so be it.

Hours had passed and you went to school not feeling any different. Today was your turn to do the daily food donation to Eddie after school. You all agreed it would be easier if one of you went to the shed instead of the whole gang. Causing less attention.

You were in chemistry class that you shared with Steve. You two didn't talk to much to each other besides the little small talk like what was due that day or what did the teacher say? That sort of thing.