Chapter 30

Authors note: If Vecna was chasing me, this is the song I would be running to 🤭.

"Hey, red! You got a mask or something."

"Yeah," she said to him straight and threw him a Jason mask.

He gladly took the mask and put it on as you all sneakily followed him to his idea.

And I guess his idea was hot-wiring someone's RV.

That's ma boy.

"Uh, Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving," Robin questioned.

"Oh, I'm starting this sucker. Harrington's got her. Don't you, big boy."

As he clashed the two wires together, it was either moving it or losing it because the owners didn't look too happy.

"Everyone grab onto something!" Steve yelled as he floored the gas pedal. Doing his best trying to maneuver this van.

Eddie-the guy he was-grabbed onto you.

You smiled ecstatically as the excitement coursed through your veins.

You loved the thrill of the chase.

As Steve drove his bus filled with children, he sat next to Nancy, leading the way.

Parents, for sure.

Dustin sat beside Eddie as they talked about the latest DND adventure they should do on their next campaign. You sat there with Max in the back seat. Lucas couldn't stop looking at her from the chair across from you.

"Hey," she said as she poked at your shoulder, signaling you to look at her while she took off her headphones.

"Can I give you a piece of advice," she said honestly.

"Yeah." you agreed.

"I've fought Vecna before. Well escaped. The one thing that helped me was music. If you're going to face him...think of the song your willing to run with." she said, then peered out the window.

You could tell how much damage she carried with her.

"I will," you said confidently.

You smiled at her, and she just gave you a nod.

She was concerned for you.

"Thank you." You replied while you lifted your hand to her shoulder.

Sudden electricity came through your arm.

Like what happened with you and Nancy.

A vision buried your gaze as you saw Max running towards her body as it floated. In the Upside Down. Running from Vecna.

Just as you took your arm off her, you came to see her face disgusted by you.

"I'm sorry..." you mumbled as you walked away from her. Lucas was now taking your place.

You could apparently see someone's past and current events in their mind.

It all makes sense now. That's why she was willing to sacrifice herself.

You walked over to Eddie and Dustin and sat down by them.

"Are you okay?" Eddie asked. By the way, you were carrying yourself, you were unsettled by the vision of Max with Vecna.

"Yeah," you responded to this weakly as you snapped out of your headspace.

"We're here!" Steve yelled as he parked at the jam-packed parking lot.