Chapter 35

"What is it you want to talk about." He grunted as he sat on your bed.

"I'm 012? Aren't I!" You spoke.

His eyes widened now.

"You weren't supposed to know that?" He said in disbelief at your statement.

"Where did you hear this?"

"Henry...Creel." You say with the anger spewing through your mouth.

He stood up.

"He's supposed to be dead." He responded in shock.

"Dad. Please be honest with me; what am I!?" Your voice started to crack.

He sat back down and hid his face in his palm. Thinking of the words to say.

You put him in a challenging position with no drawbacks.

Be strong.

"Your one of the children...that was being experimented on. Me and your mom were scientists that were assigned to study you. When we heard a child was going rogue nearby, we snuck you out."

"Why can't I remember any of this?" you asked.

He looked up at you and took another deep breath. Stress was written all over his face.

"It was your medication that we created. Your medication was to suppress you and your powers."

"But we did it to protect you!" He said, now standing up.

"Why don't I have a number?! A number on my arm like the rest of them!" You then asked revealing your naked and bare forearm. The picture of the those who had numbers on the floor, dead, came to your mind.

He ran his hands through his head.

"They didn't bother putting a number on you. They were going to dispose of you, kill you because you didn't meet their expectations. I wasn't going to let that happen."

His expression were covered with anger as he re-encountered those memories.

"Me and your mom saw an opportunity, and we took it."

"Am I even your child?" You ask him.

"No..." he said as he choked on his words.

"We took you in."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"My life is a lie." You muttered and started to look around the room frantically.

"Hunny, we love you! And we never stopped loving you."

"Why did we move? Why did we move from Hawkins to the middle of nowhere!?" you cried.

"We tried to give you a normal life. A normal childhood. Until they figured out where we were. Where we lived, we had to move to protect you." he answered.

"And Mom?" You reckoned.

"Your mother...she never gave up on you. We had planned to tell you everything, but she-"

He didn't need to finish that sentence.

"Was how she died a lie too?"

He sighed in sadness for what he was about to tell you.

You were now more upset than you were before.

It's all...a lie.

"She was caught stealing materials from the lab to make more drugs and sell them. We were losing money quickly, and we thought that would be a solution."