Chapter 42

You both comforted each other on that small bed of his, not having any worries in the world. You felt safe by him.

"I should go." he groaned as he slowly got up.

Desperation. 

"Please. Stay," you begged, grabbing his arm.

His face melted when he saw yours.

"Okay." He muttered.

Having him close to you was the one thing you wanted in this cruel world. The only thing that kept you going.

You couldn't tell the time of day by the dark clouds that covered the sun, but you became drowsy in his arms.

You didn't care about anything. Nothing at all.

He hugged you even tighter.

With the knowledge you know and the encounter you saw today, a conclusion finally hit you.

Eddie has more power than any of Vecna's monsters.

As a matter of fact, he's not entirely under Vecna's control at all. Because Vecna didn't create him. Dark energy did, which means that Vecna isn't capable of controlling him. However, Eddie swore an oath that was unbreakable until death. Until either one of them dies, he can't break the promise.

After a while, in a peaceful trance, he said:

"I'm sorry, love. That old bastard will know where I am after a while. I need to go."

I can't ask him to stay any longer.

"When can I see you again?" you asked.

"Soon. I promise. I'm gaining his trust. I'm so close." He frowned as he clasped your head in his hands.

He laid a delicate kiss on your temple.

"Be careful," you whispered.

"You too," he said. He grabbed his guitar, and then he vanished. Leaving you there in the dust.

Alone again.

You notice a duffle bag in the corner of his room and empty it. Useless school junk he had in there.

You roamed around his room, searching for things that might be meaningful.

You grabbed his leather jacket. His guitar picks. His jewelry. His weed. And especially his mixtapes.

Going outside, you noticed how still the environment stood without him.

And you hated it.

You went to your car and drove back to Robin's house.

"Y/n!" Robin yelled as she saw you enter the front door.

"I've been searching for you everywhere! I kept calling for you on your walkie, but then I realized you left it here. Are you trying to get yourself killed!?"

She held your walkie in her hand that you left in her bedroom. Her wide shallow eyes made you feel guilt.

"I. I almost went to your folk's place." she stuttered softly.

Shit.

"I'm sorry. I had to go to Eddie's trailer. They were going to tear it down!" You said as you held the newspaper up to her, and she grabbed it out of your grasp. Looking at it herself.