Chapter 3

"I'm Steve. Steve Harrington." the boy raised his hand for you to shake.

"I'm y/n. Y/n  y/l/n," you replied.

"Nice to meet you, y/n," he responded, slightly lowering his tone of voice. A smirk grew on his lips.

"Can you pleeaaese stop flirting with our customer!" Robin pleaded, throwing her head back in annoyance with her arms crossed.

Your cheeks got red.

"I was not flirting with the customer. I'm simply introducing myself." he defensively replied to Robin's annoyed snarky comment.

"Follow me," Steve said disgustingly, steering you away from Robin and towards the films.

He guided you directly to the genre your movie would be in.

"Sooo, how do you know Robin?" he asked as he kneeled to the lower shelf, trying to avoid making it awkward as he looked for your movie.

"We both go to the same school," you answered.

"Hawkins High?" he asked, reading the spine of each VHS tape. Gliding his finger up and down each one.

"That's the one." You reassured him as you gave him a weak smile.

"I go there too." He said confidently, still looking for your movie. Then he realized-

"How come I've never seen you around?" he asked, looking up at you.

Then back at the films.

This Man.

"I moved back here a couple of days ago," you replied.

"AH, HAH!" He yelled, cutting you off a bit.

"I found you, you sneaky little bastard," he said, gritting his teeth like he had caught something. He had finally found what you asked for and pulled out your movie that was tucked away behind others.

He stood up as he held the VHS in his hands and gave it to you.

"Sorry," he said, smiling at you. His face showed embarrassment.

"It's okay. Thank you." you said, looking at the movie cover.

"You said you moved back here? Why?" He asked, directing you back to the counter and looking down at you.

"Your the second person that has asked me that." You said.

"Well, Hawkins is just not someplace you go back to." He remarked.

You looked back up at him with confusion written all over your face.

"It's-uh-a long story," you shrugged, getting backtracked.

You gave him back the movie so you could pay for the bastard and go home.

"Well, when you feel like telling me your story-"

He paused, handing you your change.

"-You know where to find me."

That smirk again. I guess he is flirting with me.