Chapter 9

"Was that Eddie Munson you were talking to?" Nancy asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. I accidentally spilled my drink all over him." you blushed, looking down at your empty red solo cup.

"You gotta be careful who you run into," Robin told you.

"I know. I know," you responded, slightly drunk.

"I'm so sorry about your parents, y/n. If there is anything I can do-"

"Nancy, don't worry. You know I can take care of myself," you responded to Nacys' sympathy for your current situation.

"We are here for you, y/n," Robin said, placing her hand on your shoulder.

Nancy nodded in agreement. They both carried worries on their faces.

"Aww, Thank you, guys!" you said, wrapping your arms around them both in an intoxicated manner.

"We should probably get you home," Nancy said, smelling the alcohol from your breathe.

You let them go.

"Uuhh, we aren't in the right condition to drive Nance," Robin said to her.

They were also drinking, as were you. Clearly.

"You're probably right," she smiled, shaking her head like she always does when she's either made a realization or surprised by a person's actions.

And you three were in no condition to drive.

You would be charged with underage drinking if you were ever caught. Maybe much worse.

"I can't let my grandparents see me like this." You said, looking down at the ground, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, you felt this sudden burn in your throat.

You covered your mouth with your hand as vomit trailed up your esophagus.

Oh no.

You pushed them aside and ran to the nearest...something.

They were trailing behind you.

"I guess she can't hold her liquor," Robin commented as she and Nancy watched your guts come out of your mouth.

"What's going on!" you heard, but it was buffed out, so you couldn't identify who it was.

You turned to try to see who the sudden voice was. However, your vision was blurry because of the number of tears in your eyes.

"Steve."

He came running to you, lifting your head from the disgusting toilet seat.

"Are you okay?" he spoke softly as he tucked the hair that was in your face behind your ear.

His voice was so calm and peaceful to hear. You shook your head, looking up at him.

The rest was all a blur.

All you can remember is Nancy giving you some water and the three having a discussion.

Your mind was going in and out. Everything happened so fast.

You figured you must've blacked out.

All of a sudden. You were in a bed.

The sheets hugged your body as the sun shined through the window, making you shield your face with your hand.

You shot up from the bed as you realized you weren't in your bedroom.

But the sudden movement catalyzed the sudden fogginess to move to your head.

Uhh, my head.

You grabbed your throbbing skull as it started to pound.

That's why I don't go to parties.

You looked around at the artifacts in the room. The walls were striped, and pink curtains hung near the windows-this was definitely not your room. Old childhood toys and pictures were displayed on the dresser, right next to your neatly placed stuff.

"Good morning, sleepy head."