Chapter 38

You had walked out of the tiny shed in the woods, taken in the crisp air.

Everyone still had no clue how they were going to fight this war. Either way, there would be a loss, and you couldn't handle it. This war was going to take more than what anyone had.

"Hey!" You heard behind you. Someone must have followed you out.

"Who are you?"

It was Eleven, and she was by herself. Chasing after you.

You turned around to look at her, but you kept walking forward. You knew you had to explain yourself eventually to someone.

"That day. I saw you! You knew I was there!" She claimed.

You did. You knew someone was watching that day when Nancy had that vision. You didn't expect it was her then. But it makes sense now, thinking back to what Dustin had said about her remote travels.

This further confirmed that you were one of them—the experimented children.

"It was you? I had a feeling it was someone watching us. You were remote traveling." You declared.

"I was. But you still didn't answer my question!" She said.

You wrapped your arm around her shoulder and guided her to the side. Watching your back.

"Who are you?!" she kept asking, which was getting annoying.

She's a stubborn thing.

"Look. I haven't told anyone this, and I feel you could help." You said.

She was all ears.

"I'm. A kid who was experimented on in the lab."

"012."

Her eyes widened in shock.

"012." She muttered back to herself. She instantly grabbed your arm and shoved your jacket up to reveal your bare arm.

"But. You don't-" she said.

"A number? No. They thought I wasn't good enough for a number. That's why I'm an outlier. Number 12."

She just looked at you with sadness in her eyes.

"What are your powers?" She then asked you as she let go of your arm.

" I get visions of the future, either in a dream or wide awake. They happen randomly. However, when I touch someone, I've noticed I can see into their life or what they see in their mind." You stuttered.

"However, I'm, I'm not in full control of them."

Her eyes lit up.

"I can help you," she quietly said with deep brown eyes.

"I can teach you how to use your powers."

You panicked.

"If you're going to teach me, you have to promise not to tell anyone that I'm 012."

She shook her head to you.

"Freinds don't tell lies." She said. She didn't like the sound of that.

"Please. There is a lot on our plates right now. I'm not ready to tell them yet." you begged.

As a matter of fact, you needed to tell them right away. But something was holding you back. Fear? Fear of rejection? Fear of the unknown? Or maybe it was Vecna? Eddie?

"Promise me."

She nodded her head in agreement.

"Meet me back here at Dawn." She said, and once you gave her a sign of an agreement, she bolted back to the shed in the woods.