Chapter 26

"He wants to use her. For his plan." Robin confirmed.

"We know where he attacks from. So now we must sneak into his lair and drive a stake through his heart." Max concluded.

"That all sounds great, but we can't do any of that until we find a way to the Upside Down," Nancy argued.

"If only Eleven got her powers back," Max complained.

"Who's Eleven?" you questioned.

"We had this girl. She had superpowers. She could move things with her mind." Steve answered.

"Like a telekinetic?" you guessed.

"Yeah, you can say that..." he replied.

"BOOM!"

Dustin had a revelation.

Through the works of their genius minds, together, they theorized that every killing Vecna had made a portal open. An entrance to the upside down.

You followed the group as everyone went to their next destination. The whole argument that Steve and Dustin had executed a fundamental theory to proceed to the final goal.

You were hesitant about Eddie tagging along because the news had broken out that he had been killing these innocent people. But the rebellious person he was, didn't stop him from helping.

It was going to be dangerous. So, of course, questions and concerns started to rise in your mind.

You and Eddie were far away enough from the group that they couldn't hear what you were about to say.

"What are we, Munson?" You asked out of the blue.

This abrupt question scrambled his thoughts.

So he took a moment to respond.

You kept looking forward.

"We're...two people who have romantic feelings for each other." He smiled.

"Did you always like me?" You now questioned.

His demeanor changed.

"What kind of question is that? Of course! From the moment I saw you." he further confirmed.

He soon realized what these questions would lead to and stopped you.

"Why are you saying this?"

You couldn't bare to look at his face.

"What we have is dangerous." You confessed.

"I can't...be...with you."

I don't want to do this.

"I don't understand." He said.

"Vecna has something to use against us. Our hands are tied to him - I can't risk losing you if we are together," you explained.

He came to you, gently tilting your chin to look at him with his silver-covered finger.

"We are in this together," he said.

"I can't risk...another life..." you interrupted.

"I know you are scared, but running away is not the solution. Trust me, I know. I ran away once, and I wish I hadn't."

"That's different! What happened to you was an accident. It's me! He wants me, Eddie!" you ranted, now getting upset. Your throat started to clench. He caught on and shook his head.

"What if something happens -" you continued.

"I don't care. I'm staying." he interrupted.

"If that means risking it all. I'm staying by your side."