Chapter 36

You grasped your chest, not taking your eyes off him.

You reached for your bag to grab your handgun, backing away. Stuck it into your pants and slowly walked out of the room.

You couldn't tell what side he was on.

Once you successfully closed the door, you turned around.

"Ah-" you gasped, but a silver-covered hand covered your mouth as he placed a finger on his lips, silencing you.

You started to panic, and you were breathing frantically. Your eyes were stunned like a deer in headlights as you looked at him. He kept shushing you to calm you down as he pinned you up against the door.

It was him. Eddie.

But he seemed different.

His eyes were red like blood, and darkness surrounded them. His body was covered with old blood, dirt, and holes from the bats eating off the flesh on his clothing. He was dressed the same as you left him.

As your breathing slowed, he looked at you to slowly release his hand from your mouth.

"You're alive," you whispered, electrified, examining his face.

He covered his lips again and grabbed your hand to follow him down the stairs. You both went outside as quietly as possible to not wake up anybody.

A sigh of relief came when you jumped up to grasp him tightly once again. You both didn't say a word but embraced each other like never before. Your arms only wish to hug him harder. Your mind swirled with ecstatic emotions as he was finally with you again.

"Y/n," he moaned your name as he pulled himself into you.

"Eddie," you whispered back.

His grasp relaxed as you did, but he never let you go. Feeling his body against yours was a feeling you never want to leave again.

You gently grasped his face as you looked into his eyes. His face and body were ice cold in your hand.

"Your eyes...what did they do to you?" you hissed.

"Vecna...he's looking for you-" he warned.

"I know." you interrupted.

"You saw..." he started.

"In a dream...yes." you finished.

There was only one concern left that was still lingering on your mind.

"Are you a?" you asked.

His eyes widened as he realized it wasn't safe to talk to you here.

"Please, I'll tell you everything if you come with me," he begged.

You knew where this was leading up to from your dream. You didn't know if he had been brainwashed to think differently about you. Yet, by the countenance of his expressions, you could tell he was being honest with you.

"Okay," you responded.

He offered both of his hands for you to grab.

"Close your eyes," he said.

So you did.

The world beneath you changed to a softer one. The world surrounding you switched to a louder one.

"Open," he whispered.

Your eyes beheld a wonderful sight of forest and waterfall running next to you. All you could hear was him and the water splashing next to you.

"He won't be able to hear us here," he confirmed.

The waterfall made it a bearer of noise, so Vecna wouldn't be able to hear your thoughts. A clever idea.