Chapter 34

"Tell us exactly what you saw."

Everyone was in the room, circling you. Eager to listen to what you had to say.

"I was in the upside down, and a voice came over me, but I couldn't see them. I think...it was Vecna." You said.

Everyone started to panic and looked at each other.

"What did you hear?!" Nancy spoke to you.

"The voice was commanding for something to "rise," and I saw a hand reach out of the ground. Climbing out. It was Eddie. I know it was him. He had red...glowing eyes. The voice again commanded to "find her..." and that was it." You finished.

You looked around to see everyone's faces full of concern.

"I thought you guys killed him, right!" Max yelled to the three that went to Vecna themselves.

"His body disappeared!" Robin proclaimed.

"Y/n's dreams come true...for the most part. If this is true, then Eddie is alive." Nancy concluded.

"Yeah, but if Eddie's alive, so is Vecna." Lucas debated.

"From what I getting from this, Eddie might not...be right." Dustin started.

"What are you saying?" Steve said.

Dustin turned to Lucas.

"You know Vecna's apprentice that betrayed him because his Sword told him to."

Lucas face lit up as soon as he realized what Dustin was talking about.

"Kas! Kas the Bloody-Handed?!"

"Yes!" Dustin said as his face lit up in excitement.

You looked at them and stood up.

"No." You said doubtfully.

"Who's Kas?" Robin asked them.

"What's with all these DND references? We don't know what you guys are talking about!" Steve muttered angrily.

"He's a vampire that was Vecna's right-hand man," Lucas responded.

"So you're saying Eddie is a..." Max started.

"A vampire? Possibly. It's a hunch, really." Dustin responded.

"But how!?" Nancy responded.

"The bats..." you muttered. Your legs gave out, and your body fell to the couch beneath you.

"But don't you need a Vampire to make another Vampire? Right?" Robin asked.

"Not quite. Being too close to a negative energy plane can change you." Dustin replied.

Everyone looked confused, even you.

"I guess the bats carry that energy. He got enough to turn him into one?" Nancy guessed using Dustin's input from DND.

"Exactly!" Dustin spoke.

"He's coming for me." You mumbled.

"How do you know that!?" Steve asked you.

"I'm the only one he wants. He said so himself. He's going to use Eddie against me." You concluded.

Steve's arms unfolded, and he kneeled before you.

"We won't let that happen." He said, his eyes focused on yours.

You lifted your hand and placed it on his shoulder as you gave him a weak smile.

"What exactly did you discuss with him yesterday?" Nancy spoke directly to you.

You explained that he begged you to join his alliance. To be a part of his plan. He then explained how you'd been lied to about your powers and how he could help you reach your full potential. He also showed you this room with rainbows in his human form.

However, you didn't tell them the whole story.

You had to answer the questions for yourself first.

"We need to get you out of here," Steve spoke to you again.

"Yes. We can't leave you with a portal right here. This is the first place he'll look," Nancy added.

"It's Eddie; he wouldn't hurt me." You responded.

"We can't risk that," Steve added.

"We have to get you somewhere safe."

A safe place?

Nowhere is safe in this bloody town.

However, they were right about one thing.

Vecna was alive.

And he tore up Hawkins and made it his play pin.

In reality, you needed to see your family. Especially your father. He was coming home for the holidays. Maybe even sooner because of what's going on. You needed to talk to him.

"Can you take me home?" You asked Steve, and he agreed.

In the back of your mind, Eddie was going to look for you, but maybe that's what you wanted.

For him to track me.

From your knowledge about Vampires in DnD: they can shapeshift, and climb, are sensitive to sunlight, immortal, have incredible senses and tracking abilities for their prey, and are bound to their burial places for a period of time.

Also that they work alone.

If this were true about Eddie, he could do all these things, maybe even more. However, he's tied to the upside down.

Steve drove you to your house.

You hesitated to walk to the door. You hadn't seen your family in several days.

"Do you need me to go in with you?" Steve asked you.

He was afraid to leave you alone for too long, if you were going to do anything crazy and stupid. He was the only person that could sympathize with you at this moment.

"No...I'll be fine." You responded weakly. You knew exactly what would happen when you walked through that door. And you didn't want him to be blamed for something he didn't do.

You noticed a car in your grandparent's driveway that looked familiar.

Dad.

"I'll wait here," Steve said.

You took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

After a moment, your father...stood there in the doorway.

"Oh, Hunny!" He said as he wrapped his arms around you.

You felt his warmth coming off of him in the cold wind from outside.

It felt good to feel his presence again.

You went inside as your grandparents ran over to you as well. They hugged their grandchild, thanking God that you were back home safe again. For now.

Your Dad grabbed your face, looking at your swollen eyes and pale skin. Noticing you were clearly upset about something.

"What happened?" He said.

"We need to talk," you replied.