Chapter 32

*Authors note: *sigh* you're going to hate me for this, so I'm posting the next chapter along with this one. Believe me, it gets better, and it's based on a theory for season 5.*

Eddie's POV:

"What's going on!" He yelled as he looked down the hole to respond to Max.

"Her eyes are white!" She yelled back.

"Shit." He mumbled.

"Uh, Eddie, they are coming through the vents!" Dustin yelled.

"Damn it!" Eddie yelled  as he shoved his shield up in the vent.

"Max! Put the headphones on!!" Eddie commanded.

Max went right to it and put the headphones on you, pressing the play button.

"Please," Max muttered.

She looked at you, but you weren't changing. You were getting worse as the muscles in your necks started to strain, and you stopped breathing. Your body could no longer support you, and you collapsed.

"Eddie! She's not breathing!" Max cried out as she tried to tend to you.

"Eddie, go down there. I'll try to hold them off." Dustin told him.

Eddie stopped his movements and looked at Dustin with guilt and hesitation. He wanted to leave, but he wouldn't.

"Go!" Dustin yelled back.

Eddie gave in and jumped through the portal and landed on the mattress with no support of the rope to get to you.

"Y/n. Y/n." Eddie spoke as he shook your body on the floor but with nothing in return.

"What's wrong with her?!" he asked.

"I don't know, she just collapsed, and she's not responding!" Max pleaded while Eddie tried everything to wake you up.

He felt your cold and pale skin, checking the look of your face.

His hands moved down to your chest and folded on top of each other, to start pumping your heart.

"Please, please. Don't do this to me!" he muttered as his face was close to you. His mouth against yours to push air through.

With every pump he did and every mouth to mouth, everything he did, nothing about you changed. It was like touching stone; you were cold and solid.

"Come on!" He yelled and he placed his head against your chest to check for a heartbeat.

He repeated this process but to no avail.

"Eddie..." Max uttered as she slowly placed her hand on his shoulder.

"No." His voice got weaker, and his hands trembled over you.

"You can't leave me. I love you too much.." he said as he quivered over your lifeless body.

"She's gone."

"I love you..." he spoke as he looked at you again. Tears rolling down his face. He kissed your forehead and he got up to brush the tears away. Without questioning, he climbed that rope.

"Eddie! What are you doing!" Max yelled to him. Getting upset herself.

He didn't answer. He got through the portal and landed. As Dustin handled another bat, Eddie walked through the front door.

Dustin screaming for him as he watched Eddie go out there, begging him not to go, but he didn't care.

"Come on you fuckers! Come and get me!"