Best friends

Homicidal Liu and Luring Lyra

- They've known each other for 15 years.

- For the first few years of their friendship, Lyra sort of acted as Liu's life coach. He went to her for advice, and they bonded over their respective unsafe home lives. Liu still looks up to Lyra.

- It was Lyra who indirectly got Liu into smoking. She never meant to hurt him, though.

- They mostly kept their relationship a secret, as Liu didn't want his family knowing that he was best friends with the most feared young woman in town (his parents would've killed him and he didn't want to possibly get Jeff into trouble). But Lyra's family knew. In fact, Connie became sort of an aunt figure to Liu.

- One of the reasons Lyra took Liu under her wing was that she subconsciously wanted a better brother figure than Toby. Besides, Liu and Toby looked alike.

- Lyra helped Liu get the tattoo he has on his shoulder. She also taught him how to drive.

- Keith joined their friend group a year after Liu and Lyra met, and they remained a trio of smoking buddies until Jeff was set on fire. Liu and Lyra were the only ones who knew what Keith's mother was really doing to him, but he made them swear not to tell anyone.

- Lyra sometimes gave Liu and Keith dating advice.

- With Keith, Lyra and Liu reckoned they could start a band together one day. Keith was good at poetry, so he would write the songs; Liu would be on guitar; and Lyra would be on drums. They also all had good singing voices. Of course, the dream fell apart, but they liked practicing together in Lyra's room.

- When Liu went missing, Lyra was the only one who knew he wasn't dead. She just knew it in her gut. She even refused to go to his funeral because she couldn't bear the sight of his name on a headstone.

- They truly see each other as siblings and have a sibling-like bond. They sometimes even joke that they're adopted.

- After they reunited, they teamed up to find their respective brothers. They quickly became an unstoppable duo.

- They often call each other by their last names out of affection. Lyra also calls Liu "Frankenstein" sometimes.

- Liu is Lyra's second in command in their gang, The Victims' Regiment.

Jeff the Killer and Ben Drowned

- They met on the first day of first grade, and have known each other for 20 years.

- As they got older, Jeff was the first one to notice that Ben had a crush on Liu. At first, he shipped it (he even dared Liu to make out with Ben once, resulting in Ben being too flustered to speak properly for several minutes), but he eventually realized that Liu was too old for Ben.

- They were on the same soccer team for their school.

- Ben tried to teach Jeff how to draw, but no matter how hard he tried, Jeff just wasn't very good at it.

- When Ben found out what Jeff did to Liu, he refused to make it right with him for years. Jeff missed Ben a lot, but he waited patiently.

- They love playing video games together. No matter how many times Jeff loses, he's always willing for a rematch.

- Even though Jeff is an adult now, it hasn't changed how close he and Ben are.

- Jeff calls Ben "Zelda," and Ben calls Jeff "Joker."

- Jeff sometimes helps Ben take care of Sally. In turn, Ben sometimes helps Jeff take care of Hector.

- The incident with Liu has caused rifts in their friendship before, but they're good now.