Jason the Toymaker

- Jason is an immortal nymph that manifested in the mid-19th century. He chose to stop aging when he was 30, since his species of nymph can choose to do that.

- Usually, Jason is a polite, charismatic person. He loves putting on a show for others, and he's a person of many talents. But at the same time, he doesn't open up to other people very easily, and he never tells anyone about his past. When it comes to human children, he doesn't hate them anymore, but he doesn't particularly have a soft spot for them, either. The only child Jason is truly fond of is his daughter, Kadanna. He likes Sally, too, though.

- Jason's powers consist of immortality, changing his appearance at will, and bringing inanimate objects to life. He's also an incredibly fast learner, and he's used this to master several instruments, like the violin, accordion, cello, and piano.

- Despite having the appearance of a human, therefore being expected to act like other human kids during his childhood, Jason has always had the mind of a human adult. His species of nymph matures very quickly, so he never really understood why children couldn't process their emotions and were always so needy. He eventually came to find them annoying.

- Nobody really knows where Jason came from, not even himself. His first memory was when he was 6 years old, when he wandered barefoot into a candy shop. He remembers placing a couple of pennies he stole on the counter and asking the desk clerk for two pieces of candy. His most prominent childhood memory is stealing a jack-in-the-box from a small child and giving it magical abilities so he would always be entertained.

- Jason's attachment issues stem from never having any friends as a child. He didn't understand why nobody paid attention to him and just dismissed him as another homeless little boy who lived in an alleyway with his pet mouse. He started making and inventing toys so people would be around him more often, but Jason soon discovered that people were only interested in him because of the wonderful things he made. He started to detest the other children around him for not trying to be his friend, especially the girls because he was influenced by the mysoginistic atmosphere of that time period.

- When Jason reached adulthood, an older man approached him and suggested that he turn his toy-making abilities into a business. Jason took him up on that offer, and he started a little shop in a small town in Ireland. He made children's toys, but always rigged them so they would hurt the kids who owned them, hopefully fatally. Despite the smiles he put on for kids who entered his shop, he didn't have good intentions because he was convinced human kids were nothing but selfish, hostile beings.

- Once Jason's shady business was discovered, many of the adults in town called for Jason to be hanged or even burned at the stake. Even though he had been backed into a corner, Jason managed to escape from Ireland to America, where he made a bargain with Slenderman: turn children into dolls in exchange for protection. So Jason built a cottage and workshop in the Appalacian Mountains in West Virginia and set to work.

- After many decades of turning children and even some adults into dolls for Slenderman, Jason began to hate his job. After being around humans for so long, he realized that they had feelings and ambitions, and that they weren't just pure evil. He became very depressed, but Slenderman used this as a manipulation tactic to try and turn him against the humans once again by reminding Jason of his childhood.

- Jason's black pet mouse is named Licorice. One day as a child, Jason found Licorice dead, so he desperately used his magic to make him immortal and more intelligent and sentient. Licorice can often be seen riding on Jason's shoulder. He even has his own little home in Jason's workshop.

- One day in 2011, Jason was at a library in a small West Virginian town when he peeked around a bookshelf and saw a blonde woman around his age reading to a group of small children. Her beauty caught him off guard, and he watched silently until she finished her reading session. When the children had dispersed, Jason went up to the woman and introduced himself, saying that he had never seen a woman so beautiful. The woman, Ingrid Stromme, was flattered, and she gave him her number. They started dating, and while Jason still harboured questionable views of women at the time, the patient Ingrid actually changed them, and he started to respect those of the opposite sex.

- After three years of dating Ingrid, Jason proposed to her, and they got married. Obviously, Slenderman wasn't happy about this, but Jason fought back and openly disobeyed him, telling him he was done working for him. He swore to never make a human doll again, and Ingrid started to help him run his toy shop. in 2020, she got pregnant, which terrified Jason, but he had lived long enough to know not to abandon her while she was carrying his child. Nine months later, in 2021, Jason and Ingrid welcomed Kadanna into the world.

- Two years after Kadanna was born, Jason came home one night to find his cottage ransacked and his wife lying dead in the living room. He cradled her in his arms and sobbed for a long time until Licorice appeared and led him to Kadanna's nursery. Kadanna wasn't hurt, but she was crying hysterically in her crib and Jason held her tight. Jason soon found out that the burglar that had broken into his house had been sent by Slenderman, who appeared before him and told him that, if Jason didn't start working for him again, he would murder Kadanna. Jason had no choice but to return to proxyhood.

- Jason currently lives in a cottage in the Rocky Mountains with Kadanna that doubles as his workshop. It's nearby from the official cabins of the Slenderman Alliance, and he visits the other proxies sometimes. He only lets a select few of them around Kadanna, though.

- He's extremely protective of his daughter, especially after what happened to his wife. She's one of the only things he has left of Ingrid, and he absolutely treasures her. He manages to give her everything they want without spoling her, while still raising it with ideal values and disciplining her when they need it. He desperately hopes that she'll end up living a normal life and not the life of a proxy.

- He loves Victorian fashion. He has a collection of waistcoats, and he likes to go thrifting in nearby towns. If he can't find what he wants when thrifting, he sews his own clothes.

- Jason loves Charles Dickens stories and has his entire collection on a bookshelf in his room. His favorite novel of his is Great Expectations. He also likes H.P. Lovecraft stories, even though he thinks the guy was a bit of an idiot.

- He's still very attached to his late wife. For example, he wears Ingrid's rings around his neck on a chain. Each year on her birthday, he and Kadanna travel all the way to West Virginia to place fresh flowers on her grave.

- His favorite food is sticky toffee pudding.

- Jason enjoys listening to classical music, but he also likes music from the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

- The only other proxies Jason considers friends are Rouge, Wilson, and Brian. He has trust issues and doesn't want to open up to a lot of people for fear of being taken advantage of.

- He has a mischievous side and sometimes enjoys playing pranks. His favorite target is Odessa. He even has a line of prank toys and products for his shop.

- Speaking of Odessa: like Rouge, Jason also detests her for how she treated her child, being a father himself. He has no intention of reaching out to Keith and offering help, but he has absolutely no respect for how Odessa treats others.