Mug Cakes

Eleanora's Pov

I woke up again from another nightmare that was a horrible memory from my past. I took a look at the clock and saw it was 4 am in the morning.

I was hungry but I didn't know if I should go downstairs considering that my brothers are at in the house I should refrain from crossing their path.

But they must be sleeping by now. Ella told me they all go to their rooms atleast by 3 so I'm guessing it is ok to make a quick trip to the kitchen.

I haven't seen anyone of them since I twisted my ankle 5 days ago. Thankfully I'm feeling better now and I just feel the slightest bit of pain when I walk.

I got out of my bed and realized I'm just wearing a tank top and grey pajama shorts. It is quite cold at night so I put on a matching jacket and left my room.

The mansion was as quiet as it is even in the day so it wasn't anything unusual

The mansion was as quiet as it is even in the day so it wasn't anything unusual. But there wasn't a single soul, no maids, no servants, no cooks, no guards no one at all.

Ella told me that everyone leaves the mansion at midnight. There's only guards here at nighttime but they too are stationed outside the mansion leaving me and my brothers all alone in this gigantic place.

I got to the kitchen and started searching for something to eat. After looking in the fridge I took out some chocolate and decided to make quick microwave cupcakes.

I knew where everything was because I had cooked here before so I got the rest of the stuff needed out of the cupboards and started combining everything.

I decided to make an extra so I could eat it tomorrow or right now if I was still hungry after having one. I prefer not to eat too much before sleeping because I get uneasy if my stomach is stuffed up to the brim.

The microwave made a 'ding' sound meaning my cupcakes are ready. I opened the microwave and the delicious chocolatey smell instantly hit my nostrils.

I tried to get it out but immediately retracted my hand when I felt the hot mug come in contact with my finger tips. I'm very dumb sometimes!

I decided to get the oven mitts but the only problem was that they were in the upper cupboard which was too high for me to reach.

I stood on my tippy toes trying my best to get them but failed miserably. They were atleast half a foot away from where I could reach them.

"What are you doing?" A cold voice came from behind me and I flinched at the sudden sound.

As I turned around I saw it is Gio who was looking at me with his brows furrowed. He was shirtless and was only wearing a sweatpant.

I instantly calmed down seeing that it's just my brother but now I was feeling at little uncomfortable with his bare chest.

"You scared me" I said in a low voice with my hand on my racing heart and avoided looking at him.