Nightmare

Eleanora's Pov

As we entered the cottage I saw all of my brothers were sitting in the living room.

Andrei was playing cards with Xavier and Sandro while Aaron was solving sudoku puzzles and Xander was eating the cookies I made last night.

They all looked really bored. Obviously they are not used to this lifestyle, living without their devices in a small cottage in the woods.

As Gio joined them on the sofa I went to the kitchen to prepare lunch. I decided on making egg fried rice that is one of my favorites.

Once I was done I saw that it was 1 pm so I went towards Gio standing behind him where he was sitting on the sofa. I leaned down so I was a little closer to his ear and spoke.

"Lunch's ready. Do you guys wanna eat now?" I asked in a slightly low voice.

"Guys let's go have lunch?" Gio said out loud and got a few 'ya' and 'sure'. So I went to the dining room and set the rice on the table. 

"Now that Eleanora has taken up the duty of making food. It's only fair that we all help out. So I've decided that Xander, Xavier and Sandro will do the cleaning around the house. Me and Gio will take turns doing the dishes. And Aaron will do the laundry for everyone as he's the only one who knows how to." Andrei told everyone as we all started eating.

I'm really glad he divided the chores because I had a feeling that I'll have to do all of it. I obviously wouldn't have said no because who knows what the consequences of that would've been.

"Oh come on" Sandro whined rolling his eyes.

"Cool with me" Xavier said stuffing his mouth.

"Me too" Xander said raising his hand.

"It's decided. Everyone will do their chores properly otherwise there will be consequences" Andrei said looking at Sandro who reluctantly nodded.

Although I know his statement was meant for Sandro, I still can't stop thinking that if it implies on me too. What will the consequences be?

After lunch Andrei started collecting the dishes while I took my blanket and book and sat down on the rocking chair at the front porch just like yesterday.

My book was almost finished when I saw that it has started to get dark so I went inside placing my book on the table in the living room and got started on the dinner.

                       --------------------

"Eleanora. I almost forgot, the house you lived in was on Isabella's name so it'll get transferred to you, now that she's dead" Andrei told me as we were now eating dinner.

I heard Xander scoff loudly when Andrei mentioned mom. Everyone else didn't look any interested as well except for Gio who was looking at me as if trying to see how I react.

It's clear that all of my brothers hate her as much as I do. But I can't tell them why I hate her because our reasons are totally different.

"Ok" I replied.

After dinner I went directly to my room and took a cold shower trying to wash away the anxiety that had made it's way back to my mind.

I saw Sandro and Gio were not in the room yet so I slide under the covers, laid down finding a good position and drifted off to sleep.

                          -------------------

It was 3 am right now. It's late. I thought he won't come today so I decided to get some sleep. Maybe the devil has his days off too?