Phone

Eleanora's Pov

Even after knowing I was safe, I still didn't let go of Dante. I was too shocked to do anything. I never expected to be attacked by an innocent animal.

Dante didn't tell me to get down instead he took me towards the sofa and sat down with me on his lap. I then realized that I probably should've gotten on my feet by now.

My face turned red from embarrassment and I removed my arms from around Dante's neck and sat up straight on his lap. Now everyone was looking at me weirdly, they were all surprised at how I overreacted.

I wanted nothing more than for the ground to open and swallow me alive. If it couldn't get any worse, the younger bunch of my brothers started hysterically laughing.

"He was literally after me. You should be upset that your sister was in a life or death situation" I snapped at them but that was of no use. Many of them were gripping their stomachs, panting for air. It wasn't even that funny.

"Stop laughing" I half-yelled.

I grabbed a pillow from beside me and because Xander was the closest one of those who were making fun of me, he became my target. The pillow hit him directly on the head but he was completely unfazed and kept uncontrollably laughing.

"Grandpa" I whined for help.

Out of all the people here I chose to ask him for help. Zion said I'm his favorite so it's a good chance to try out that theory. Plus I know he holds the most authority. I hope he takes my side because I'm so done with these bullies.

"Enough!" Grandpa's voice boomed through the living room followed by complete silence.

"I'm never coming back to your house" I said glaring at Rowan who gave me false hopes of how much of a gentleman his dog is.

"No Nora, I'll throw that damn savage out. You don't have to stop coming here! Infact we can get a cute puppy that you can play with. I'll make sure he behaves and won't even bark" Zion said hurriedly as if hell is going to break lose if he doesn't come up with a solution.

"You're not throwing my baby out!" Kayden argued in disbelief.

"Yes I fucking will! You should've taught him some manners. He scared my little sister, be grateful I'm not killing him" Zion said as if he's actually doing him a favor.

"Don't throw out that poor thing" I said gasping at his words.

"But you said you won't come back" Rowan asked confused. He seems to be on board with letting crabby go.

"That doesn't mean you'll abandon him. You guys raised him, don't you love him?"

"Not more than you" Uncle Ezra stated.

"I promise I won't stop visiting you guys. Just don't abandon him. I won't go to the lawn again and it won't be a problem anymore"

"Alright. Crabby isn't going anywhere and you are going to keep visiting us" Aunt Ava finally resolved the issue.

"How's your leg?" Dante asked. I almost forgot my leg was burning since I scraped it against a bush while running. I even forgot I was still sitting on Dante's lap.

I looked down and the sweatpants had torned slightly. I moved the it up and looked at my calf, there was tiny little rough cuts on it which stung but wasn't anything too serious.

"I'm so sorry I ruined your sweatpants" I said to Aunt Ava with guilty expressions. I was planning on returning her clothes but I couldn't even do one thing right.

"It's ok Nora. It's just clothes" She smiled at me warmly.

"You apologize alot" Theo pointed out.

That's how I've been brought up. How can I not repeatedly apologize when all I've done for years is be a 'good girl' and do as told. I freak out when I do something I'm not supposed to.