Truth

Eleanora's Pov

"You know you can tell me anything right?" A soft voice came from beside me as I looked across the basement at my mother who's straddling a guy's lap.

"Nora" He tugged on my hand that he had been holding and I turned towards him, giving him my full attention and a smile.

"Sorry, mom's at it again" I scrunched up my face in disgust to which he laughed.

"Don't worry about her. You have to start thinking about yourself Nora. This is not the life you deserve" He was right. He could never be wrong.

"But what about Damon?" I hesitated to take his name.

"He's not gonna do anything. I'm with you, I always will be" He promised and I believed him.

"I can't..." I trailed off but he understood what I meant.

"You can. Just try to. Keeping it all inside you is not gonna do anything apart from breaking you even further" His voice was soft, patient, reassuring, everything I ever wanted.

I had known this man for three months and he was nothing like my mom's other friends. He wasn't one of them. I always saw the best of him. The side he wanted me to see.

I thought he'd save me. But what does a thirteen year old know about people? How could I have known who he really was? Who was he outside the basement of my house? How could I have known the man hiding behind his skin?

"Not today Walter" I looked away from him but he placed a hand on my cheek, turning me towards him.

"Trust me Nora. Just trust me. Tell me everything and I promise, I'll save you from all of this" Those were the words that doomed me. 

I thought nobody can break something that's already broken but I was wrong. I was naive and a fool. He was my biggest mistake. I trusted him. I thought he'd save me.

I was torn apart even more but the only difference was that this time, it was my own bloody fault.

                        ------------------

My eyes snapped open to the ceiling above my head. I took deep breaths coming back to reality. If I just don't think about it, maybe it would vanish from my memory one day.

I couldn't help but wonder how different everything would've been if I didn't experience that. I wouldn't have such severe trust issues. Maybe I would've opened up with my family by now.

It was 7:10 now which means that I was ten minutes late for the barbeque which is very late in our family because everyone is too punctual. I rushed down the stairs and to the backyard only to find each and every member of my family already present.

The backyard had been beautifully prepared for the barbeque night. Bianchis always did everything with style. There were sofas placed around the fire pit while barbeque equipment and more seating was arranged across from it.