Reassurance

Aaron's Pov

It was a hectic day. As soon as we reached the mansion, Andrei and I had to get to work right away. We had to sort the paperwork for the alliances we made and make a trip to our office.

We are busy people which is why we built one of our offices close to our home. It's just a few yards away from our mansion gate. It is not our main office, it's just to get important shit done that can't be put to the next day.

We have a few meetings there too when we're too busy to go to our main office which is half an hour drive from where we live. We also have a small prison there, in which we only keep people who need our special attention and today Liam had the honour to acquire one of the free cells.

It's midnight when we finally came back home. We didn't even come back for dinner today even though it is mandatory for everyone to be present for. All of us rarely miss it and when we do, we inform someone before hand and it's mostly for some good reason.

"Everyone's asleep?" I asked Sandro as he got off a call with one of his friends.

"Ya. Everyone's too tried from the flight. I'm going to bed too" He replied.

"Did Nora eat dinner?" I don't know why I only asked about her. Isn't it too suspicious?

Even though I know Eleanora is more capable of feeding herself, I can't help but worry about her. Why don't I feel the same way about my brothers? Maybe because she's the baby of the house?

"No, when I went to call her, she was sleeping"

"Then you should've woken her up. She only ate a sandwich on flight and that was 7 hours ago" I scold with my voice coming out extremely annoyed.

"Leave it. She must be still sleeping" I said as Sandro was about to open his mouth to let some excuse out.

After wishing each other a 'good night', we made our way to our bedrooms upstairs. I take a quick shower and as soon as my back hit the bed, I doze off. 

                        ------------------

I woke up at 3 am to pee. When I came back to my room, I saw that there wasn't any jug placed next to my bed and I'll have to go downstairs to get some water. I guess I'll have to speak to the staff, they've gotten quite comfortable in our absence.

I went straight to the kitchen and as I was about to enter I saw the light was turned on and faint sounds were coming from there. It alerted me but I know none of our enemies will be cooking in our kitchen at this hour of the night so I went inside.

I saw Nora in front of the stove reheating some rice, probably from today's dinner. As she saw me she gave me a nervous smile and offered me some but I refused because I'm full.

"Nightmare?" I asked as I started filling a glass of water for myself.

"Ya" Came her reply. I'm glad she has started to be a little honest with us. I guess it's because she knows that we won't force her anymore to tell us anything she doesn't want to.

"Sandro said you didn't have dinner?"

The question caught her off guard. She didn't expect me to ask her this. Maybe she just doesn't expect me to care for her at all. She looked hesitant for a few seconds but then finally spoke stirring the rice.

"Um... Ella didn't bring my dinner"

Shit! How can I be so dumb? Obviously she's gonna think we don't want her to eat with us. She must've waited for us to come and take her. My poor baby!

I know we have been nothing but assholes to her. We shouldn't have had her stay in her room in the first place. We made some really horrible decisions and it's gonna take a hell lot of time for her to think of us as anything other than the jerks we used to be or maybe still am.