Epilogue

Eleanora’s Pov

10 years later

I look up from the papers in my hands. It's hard comparing all these huge numbers when there's so much noise around. Although I love my job, it comes with so much stress.

Sometimes I wonder if my flop career in music was better than being an accountant. But I'm glad that I chose the latter because it makes me money —even if I don't need any.

I would rather be successful and carry out my second option than be stuck in something that eats up my confidence everyday.

Even if I got the internship at my family's company because of them, I didn't mind taking the spot. But I didn't take advantage of it any further. I earned my position as the CFO after five years of constant learning and improving.

“Ok time out for both of you!” I shout at the demons in front of me.

“But she-” I cut off Mathew.

“No more arguing! Go stand on opposite corners.” I order them.

Like always, they want the same exact thing and start walking in the same direction. Charlotte halts and glares at Mathew.

“Why are you following me, weirdo?”

“You're following me!” Mathew accuses with a frown identical to his father's.

He picked up so many qualities from Felix. It's like he made a replica of himself with the same hot temper and teasing personality.

We were all skeptical when he got his classmate pregnant when they were both just seventeen. But he took the whole responsibility of his son when his baby mama refused to stay.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really proud of how he handled everything.

And the baby only gave me more excuses to come visit the Ashford Villa and pull up quickies with my now husband.

“Enough!” Andrei ends what was about to be yet another argument.

Both the kids hurry to the spot that they both seem to love for no reason. But Mathew’s faster and gets it first. He smirks as Charlotte makes a face before going to stand on the opposite side of the room with her face to the wall.

“Nora? What happened?” Andrei asks when he saw me holding my head.

“Nothing. I'm just really exhausted, I have two files to go through which I've been putting off for three days now and…. It feels like having kids around all the time has made me so grumpy.” I sigh.

“It's ok. You’re allowed to be grumpy and exhausted, you just gave birth.”

“That was six months ago.” I laugh at his biases.

My brothers have gotten significantly better at consoling, especially Andrei. He's always finding ways to make me feel better, even if it means coming up with all kinds of excuses.

“My point still stands.” He shrugged.

“Okay, dad.”

I don't call him anything other than that anymore. It suits him and I know he loves it as much as I do. It's funny that for the first seven years of her life, Charlotte thought Andrei was actually my father because I kept calling him ‘dad’.

The moment Gio enters the living room, his eyes fell on his daughter and he strode to her.

“Char baby, why are you standing here?” He asks, tilting her chin towards himself.

“Aunt Nora gave us punishment. But dad I didn't even do anything, it was Mathew’s fault, he cheated. He pushed me so my blocks would fall and he could win.”