Dad

Andrei's Pov

"She had a long night. Let's leave it for now, she has school tomorrow" I suggested to my very pissed off grandfather.

"We shouldn't send her school for a few days" He stated.

Now this is where I draw the line. I won't fuck up her studies just because there has been an incident that I'm yet to know the real details of.

Earlier tonight grandfather saw Arius and Nora together in the hallway. He put all the blame on him for following her outside and trying to forcibly stop her to talk.

I don't know how much of this is true. But I trust my sister. And I will only believe what she tells me.

Grandfather is furious and when it comes to Nora, he can get overprotective. So it might be that he misinterpreted the situation and overreacted.

I don't know much about Arius as his parents have kept him out of their business until a few years ago. And he isn't quite around my age group to hangout with.

But each time I've met him, he came across as a relatively decent guy. I doubt he misbehaved with Nora but I've learned to not believe any man since Liam. 

I might ask my brothers who go to school with him. They'll have a better idea of the type of guy he is. Even if he just intends to be her friend, it's not a bad idea to get to know more about him.

"That won't be necessary. She stays with her friends and her brothers keep checking up on her, Arius won't dare go near her" Uncle Ezra argued.

Since the incident involved the heir of our former rival Mafia, it hasn't been treated as her personal matter. So naturally all the ex-Capos, current Capos and ladies in the family has been informed.

"She won't go to school tomorrow!" Grandfather snapped.

He doesn't like when we argue with him which is why we don't. But right now, it's necessary.

"She will" Grandmother spoke before any of us had a chance.

"Patricia-" She cuts him off.

"Lorenzo you can't have her stay at home because of some boy" It's always quite interesting to see this old couple quarrel.

"I can and I will" He said sternly. All of us have fell quiet and we know very well that it's wise to not interfere among them.

"This is where you're wrong. She is not an employee that you can boss around. That's our granddaughter"

"I'm well aware of that" He says quite rudely. "I'm doing this to protect her"

"We all saw what you did last time in the name of protecting her" She mocked.

This is one topic that has been brushed off under the rugs. No one talks about grandfather's horrible decision of abandoning Nora and how he forced her to sign the documents. But we all severely hate it.

We have came to the silent agreement of letting it go and forgiving him as all of us saw him regret it immensely. It may not be verbal but his actions said alot.

The day when Nora revealed her past, he locked himself up in his office with pictures of her from when she was just a baby.

He went over every document related to her. He was trying to correct everything that he could but there was so little he could do now which will make things better.

The next week, he came to apologize to her. I would've let him if he wasn't drunk. For the first time in my life, I saw grandfather so out of sorts.

He looked to be on verge of crying. He was blaming and cursing himself for everything that happened. He wished he had done something. He wished he brought her back in time.