Birthday

Eleanora's Pov

I looked in the mirror and I couldn't believe this is happening. I'm actually going to a party. I couldn't be happier. The anxiety was killing me but I knew everything will be alright. 

I ran a hand over my front, smoothing the already crisp and velvety dress. It was an off the shoulder maroon dress that reached past my knees. It was super comfortable and perfectly fitted to my size.

I paired the dress with silver sparkly heels and diamond jewelry that grandma had given me. The makeup artist decided for a natural makeup look with soft red eyeshadow but a slightly bold cherry lipstick.

The hairstyle did my hair up in a bun and left a lot of it messy around my forehead and ears. Over all I was really satisfied with how the look turned out and I was grateful for the help getting ready.

I tapped my shoe several times contemplating whether to go downstairs or not

I tapped my shoe several times contemplating whether to go downstairs or not. I know I have to eventually but I don't know how everyone will react and honestly I don't want any bad reactions.

My thoughts were interrupted when a knock erupted at my bedroom door. It was Gio asking if I was ready because everyone else was. After I told him I'll be down in five he left and It was now or never.

I opened the door and with hesitant steps, I went outside. The clicking of my heel on the marbled stairs brought everyone's attention to me. I didn't meet anyone's eyes but I could feel there gaze on me.

All the men were dressed in tuxedos while some of the younger ones opted for more casual suits. The ladies were wearing gorgeous dresses that reached past their knees and my whole family looked really elegant and stylish.

Once I was standing in front of them, I brought my hands together and started to nervously fiddle with my fingers. No one was saying anything. I finally mustered up the courage and looked up, only to find everyone looking at me in awe.

I didn't expect this reaction from my brothers, I had thought they would be judgemental about my outfit. But their eyes held approval and emotions that I haven't seen my brothers carry before. Their features were softened and expressions clearly portrayed adoration.