Best friend

Eleanora's Pov

The tension was obvious as Luce entered the room. We had all moved to the sofas with me between Zion and Andrei as Andrei held onto my hand rubbing it in a calming manner. 

Xander, Kyson and Xavier took one sofa while Silas, Kayden and Sandro took another. Dante instructed Lucas to sit down and he took the safest option, settling down beside Sandro.

Sandro is really calm today and although I clearly saw the shock on his face, he didn't react. Infact when I looked his way, he gave me a light lipped smile to not panic me further. 

It is such a change from how he was just a few months ago. Few days back he told me that he's ashamed of how he overreacted in the past and promised to not repeat it again. He said he would trust me and let me explain whatever the matter may be. And tonight he's doing just that.

"Aren't you gonna introduce yourself?" Zion asked Luce calmly.

"I'm Lucas Stellar. I've been friends with bel- Nora for years now. I'm also your brother's classmate and... that's about it" Luce was nervous but he was doing a good job at staying calm.

"Didn't know your name was Lucas, we've always heard Luce" Andrei casually said.

"Ya, Nora calls me that" Luce smiled awkwardly.

"So. I just heard that there's some girl named bella. It seems like the whole school knows about her. Could you elaborate why is her name constantly taken with you?" Dante asked with his face not betraying any emotions.

I knew that Luce has told his friends about me but I didn't know that his whole school knows about me. Why would he possibly tell them that he likes me? We weren't even in a relationship.

He showed me chats of his friends teasing him with my name which was really funny but those were his friends. It made sense that he wanted to tell them about his little crush. But why the whole school?

It wouldn't have been too bad if my brothers didn't go to the same school but they do. They already have bad temperament and them knowing this, is just not the best idea.

I recognized Kai, I've seen his pictures with Luce. He's his best friend beside me but he didn't recognize me. I was glad that Luce has refrained from showing anyone my photos. I didn't want people to know me until I meet them myself but I guess now everyone in school will have preconceived notions about me.

"That's actually... she's Nora, my best friend... and neighbor ofcourse but not anymore like she's living with you guys right?... we've been friends since we were nine... you know how high schools are, rumors spread from person to person-" Dante cut short his rambling with a raise of his hand. Luce was saying everything but not what he wanted to hear.

"Is it true you like my sister?"

"She's my best friend. Ofcourse I do like her" Luce gulped as Dante turned deadly serious.

"Do you have a crush on her?" Zion's harsh voice echoed in the room.

"Not anymore. It was in the past, she doesn't like me in that way. We're just friends, nothing more. I swear" Luce quickly answered freaking out with my brother's warning glares.

Two years ago Luce told me that he has a crush on someone and after I begged him for weeks he finally confessed that it was me all along. I had never expected it, I never even thought of getting into any relationship.

With how things were going between me and my stepfather, I didn't want to consider being intimate with anyone even if it was my best friend who I trust with my life.