Forgiveness

Eleanora's Pov

I know I look like a mess. My eyes are swollen and red, my hair is wet from all the tears and there's a big cut on my lips that's drawing blood since I bit on it to stop myself from sobbing too loudly.

All I felt was betrayal. I never liked the things they had done in the past but now I was trying to move on. I had even forgiven them for the most part. But these new revolutions are enough to break me again.

I don't know if I could ever look at my family the same way. I always thought dad was the most to blame or maybe the only one but I was wrong. I'm always wrong.

I cried the whole half an hour car ride back home. Even the driver once looked at me from the rearview mirror when I sniffled a little loudly. I was glad that he didn't say anything and just continued driving.

As soon as I reached home I knew I had to ran to my room. I didn't want to accidentally bump into any of my brothers but that's exactly what happened.

I kept my head low to hide my ruffled state and thought getting to my room won't be that difficult until my head crashed on someone's chest and I fell backwards just as I reached the hallway of the second floor.

I braced myself for the impact but it never came. I looked up to see the brother I wished I didn't see today. Xander. He had his arm around my waist and helped me stand back on my feet.

"Are you ok?" He sounded concerned.

"Ya, I just... need to go to my room" I said and tried to leave but he spoke again.

"Talk to me Nora" It wasn't a command.

"Why?" The word slipped from my tongue. It felt like the right thing to ask.

"Because I want to make sure you're ok"

"And what if I'm not?" I looked at him as tears were again pooling in my eyes.

"That's all the more reason for us to talk"

"Why do you even care?" I asked bluntly.

"I just do" His face showed how genuine his words are but I didn't trust him.

"Don't lie to me, I've had enough of it today" A few tears slid down to my cheeks.

"Come on Nora. Tell me which brother is the newest addition to your hate list" He said softly. He didn't urge me. He was patient. He joked with me. This is not him.

"I'm not like you, I don't hate anyone. I'm just a bit mad at grandpa, that's it" I snapped at him.

When Zion told me I'm grandpa's favorite, I didn't believe him but a small part in me wished it was true. Now I know it's not. Nobody abandons their supposedly favorite grandchild like that.

He could've said something, done something but he didn't. I'm mad at him. He just acknowledged his mistake but he didn't even apologize. He doesn't realize how badly his ignorance destroyed my life.

Right now I'm not as pissed at my oldest brothers because they themselves were only sixteen when mom and dad divorced. I know they didn't have a say in anything.

I do realize that they could've done something once they were older but I'm still not as mad at them. I shouldn't expect them to take care of me like a guardian should.

They never asked for me to be born. And the two people who gave birth to me, never gave a fuck about me. I won't force anyone to do anything for me. They don't owe me anything, I'm an orphan and this is the life I've come to know.