Fish

Eleanora's Pov

I jolted up when I saw I was in an unfamiliar room. I was going to start panicking until I saw Andrei sleeping peacefully on the sofa across from me. I immediately relaxed knowing that if he's here than it means I'm safe.

His arms were folded at his chest as he leaned back on the couch with his legs crossed. Even while sleeping he looked authoritative but now he doesn't scare me as much.

As I got back to my senses, I realized that I'm not in some random place. It's my own home, it's our living room. I really have to do something about my panic attacks, most of them are for the dumbest reasons.

Andrei slept here the whole night in this uncomfortable position only because of me. I shouldn't have dozed off like that. If only I went to my room on time than I wouldn't be feeling so guilty right now.

Slowly the events of last night dawned on me and I couldn't stop but think of how stupid I am. I can't keep me mouth shut. At this rate I'll blurt out all my secrets one by one.

I was hesitant at first but then I made my way towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder intending to lightly shake him awake. His eyes flew open the movement my hand made contact with him and he looked alert, as if we're under attack. 

"Sorry. Did I scare you?" I asked with guilt lacing my voice. 

"Are you ok?" He asked instead. His voice coming out groggy.

"Ya I'm ok. I'm so sorry I slept here. You didn't have to stay with me the whole night" 

"It's ok Nora. It wasn't a bother" He got up taking his coat that was placed on his side and cracked his neck.

"No, I mean it looks pretty uncomfortable"

"You're my sister Nora, I can do this much for you" He said looking me directly in the eyes to show how serious he is. 

I love it when my brothers say that I'm there sister. There's nothing better than someone acknowledging you as their own, as their family. I love the feeling of belonging.

                          --------------------

"Who eats fish for breakfast?" Xander said giving Theo a disgusted look because he has specially ordered to have the fish from yesterday's lunch reheated for him. 

"I do" He shrugged.

"I like fish too but I would never eat it for breakfast" I gave my opinion stuffing my mouth with scrambled egg.

"Atleast you love fish unlike some people who would gag at the mention of it" Theo said eyeing Kayden.

"I said like. Not love. I used to have a pretty bad like hate relationship with fish but now I'd say we've worked our differences out" I'm in a mood to talk.

"And what were the differences?" Rowan asked curiously.

"So basically after the divorce, mom's friend bought her six fish to replace the children she didn't get the custody of because that's what she did when she divorced her husband and didn't get her children" I started and all conversation on the table paused and all ears were fixed on my story.

"Mom asked me what I wanted to name them and I obviously named them after my brothers because that's what they were supposed to be" I strated to crack up a bit but composed myself because I want to finish the whole story.

"Weirdly, mom actually cared for them. Like she would feed them even if she was drunk, she really loved them. But the poor fishes didn't know what was coming for them" I let out an evil laugh.