Shopping

Eleanora's Pov

I think I just had one of the most memorable day of my life. Seeing everything I could only dream for more than five years is surreal. I don't even know if I'm daydreaming.

How could my life change so much? It feels like yesterday when I was rotting in the hell I called home. But now I have everything. I have brothers, uncles, aunts and grandparents. How could I suddenly have what I always deserved?

I have people who care for me. People who let me out of their mansion. People who let me see the outside world, the real world. People who let me breath. It feels too good to be true.

As I stared out the window of the car I was sitting in, I couldn't help but pinch myself to make sure what I was seeing was actually happening. I was going to a mall.

As much as I was nervous, the excitement was a much stronger emotion I felt when we finally reached our destination. My heart picked up pace as I got out of the car.

Without wasting a second I rushed over to Sandro, holding his hand to calm down. I haven't been outside for so long, I can't help but panic. He understood that I'm not fine and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as we all started to walk inside.

I could feel the rest of my brothers and aunts eyes on me, they could clearly see how uncomfortable I am in this situation. But I really want to do it, this might be my only chance.

Several eyes snapped to us as my family walked in their full glory without being least bothered by anyone. All I wanted was to shrink and not be seen by so many eyes. I never enjoyed attention. But I always craved it. If only I got the type of it that I wanted.

On three different occasions we were stopped by people who they knew. All of them aristocrats that I do not belong in. My aunts would casually change the topic whenever any question regarding the girl accompanying them came up.

Why does my family makes me feel like I'm one of them but then refrain from telling people who I am? They are confident, intelligent, sophisticated people. I know I don't fit with them, I am nothing like them. But still their denial aches my heart.

The rest of the trip was great. My brothers took me to several stores. I tried to argue but they bought me everything that wasn't even necessary. In the end I had a whole new wardrobe with clothes, accessories, makeup, shoes and ofcourse a dress for the twins birthday and school supplies.

My aunts would simply hand over the carts to my brothers so they could pay while we moved to the next store, not bothering to wait for the checkout. I tried to pay with the card Andrei gave me but all of my brothers refused.

There were too many times when my heart just stopped and I didn't know what to do. Like when I accidentally made eye contact with a stranger who winked at me or when I dropped a few items in an accessory store. The lady there strated to scold me until aunt Ava came and to say she yelled at her, would be an understatement. Anyways we ended up buying a whole shelf there because aunt Ava was too angry and wanted to prove a point.

Another time a shopkeeper strated giving her opinion on the two dresses I was confused with. But thankfully after seeing my discomfort Kyson told her to just pack both of them and sent her away.

I was too scared at first but as we stayed there for more and more time, I slowly got used to being in a place that's not my home. I still held Sandro's hand whenever there was a big crowd or people staring at us but other than that all went well.

We had lunch in the food court which for me was a steak while everyone else got burgers except for aunt Bianca and Xander who got a pizza. Once we were all done, we gave the bags to our guards and went back home.