Audition

Eleanora's Pov

"You ok?" Luce asked more nervous than I am.

I nodded my head as he walked with me inside. The auditorium was filled with atleast atleast thirty students who came to audition. The band members were all sitting on a table on the side of the stage, ready to conduct auditions.

As Luce joined the table I went to sit with the fellow auditioners. After about ten minutes, our music teacher Mr Cameron came in and the auditions finally started.

The first student was called who played flute, he was exceptional and it made me more nervous to be here where actually talented people came to audition. I may have made a mistake to try out for school's band.

I grabbed the arm rest tightly as I took deep breath, I can't mess this up. I want to do this. I tried to push my anxiety back and calm my racing heart.

"Don't worry, you'll do great" A hot breath fanned my neck as someone whispered in my ear.

I turned towards the person and moved back when our faces suddenly came too close for my liking. He instantly moved back as well and looked at me with no emotions visible on his face.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to help" He quickly whispered so I don't misunderstand but I didn't anyways. I nodded my head and turned back towards the stage.

We both didn't talk after that and I kept fisting and unfisting my hands seeing all the students performing brilliantly. I don't think I can manage to even stand in front of so many people and sing.

As my name is called out air in knocked our of me, I don't know what I was expecting but I wished to not be called anytime soon or maybe not at all.

Without paying attention to anyone or anything around me, I made my way straight to the stage and all the voices seemed to have disappeared in the air. It was just me and people who I was here to impress, the judges.

Luce gave me a reassuring smile and even his band mates were encouraging me with either a nod or a tight lipped smile. I took a deep breath and placed my hands on the mic, adjusting it to my height and stood right in front of it.

(She sang 'Flashlight' by 'Hailee Steinfeld')

Once I started singing, the words kept flowing out of me in a melody. It soon got easier to keep going and I poured my heart and soul into the song.

We were supposed to sing without any music and although it was nerve-racking to only hear myself echoing in the huge auditorium at the same time it felt great. I felt powerful. 

After the song ended I could see Luce looking at me with pride while everyone else in the judges and the auditioners looked impressed.

All attention was on me as I tried to not look intimidated by their gaze. I have to be confident if I want to be selected. It was getting more awkward until Mr Cameron finally cleared his throat and spoke.

"Now I know why Luce suggested you, you're brilliant-" He looked at the audition sheet "Eleanora? Wasn't your name bella?"

"That's just her nickname, you can call her Eleanora" Luce immediately replied for me. He doesn't like other people to call me 'bella', he says it's only his right.

"So Eleanora I loved your voice and I'm sure all the band members will agree" Mr Cameron said and the 'Oxy Morons' nodded.

"Right now we're looking for only one female lead singer and there're still some audition to go over, so take your seat. Once we've heard everyone I'll announce my decision but rest assured your voice is beautiful and you sang perfectly. If you don't make it this year, I'm sure you'll be selected the next"