Hot Chocolate

Zion's Pov

"It was just a one night thing" Andrei said as he swirled the glass in his hand.

It is almost 4 in the morning right now and everyone in the mansion are in their rooms most possibly sleeping except us three. It has been way too long since we last had time to talk and rant about our fucked up Capo roles.

"By the way, what did grandfather say?" I asked Andrei curiously.

He and other five of our brothers were in the office with grandfather for almost half an hour. I'm really curious because our grandfather is hands down the scariest and the cruelest of us all.

"So long story short, he told us that we're lucky our sister didn't snitch on us but if he gets to know that we did anything to hurt her then we'll get the worst punishment of our lives" He said sighing.

"Grandfather will definitely not hesitate to have our heads for his princess... Wait. Should I call him grandpa because he seemed to really like that name?" I said chuckling.

"Remember how Theo got scolded for calling him granddad once but the rules are obviously different for his favorite grandchild" Dante added with a grin, thinking back to the hilarious memory.

"Favouritism got the old man" Andrei shook his head in amusement.

"I dare you to say that in front of him" Dante challenged Andrei and he laughed it off. We would only say all this shit in front of grandfather if we have a death wish.

"Nora" My voice boomed through the silence of the night as I called Nora, seeing her go towards the kitchen.

She turned around surprised finding us casually sitting in the living room at this hour of the night. She didn't think we would be here. And seeing how reluctant her steps were, she definitely didn't want to come here either.

"Hi, you guys are still awake?" She asked nervously. It's too obvious that our presence intimidate her.

"What are you doing up this late?" Dante questioned. His voice coming out harsh and cold which obviously doesn't go unnoticed by her.

He really needs to learn how to talk to kids but I can't have a say in this, I'm no better. I try to be as polite as I can be but it's hard when all you've done for years is being a merciless Capo.

"She has midnight snacks sometimes" Andrei answers for her and she looks at him gratefully like he just did something that he didn't have to.

I guess he lied. It wouldn't be a surprise because Andrei made it really clear this afternoon that he won't share any of Nora's personal information with us. It's not a bad thing but it just pisses me off that I don't know something that can be crucial in my sister's life.

"I'm gonna make hot chocolate. Do you guys want some?" She offered kindly.  

"Sit down, I'll get you one" Dante ordered, scaring her yet again.

"No it's ok, I can make it myself" She tried to argue but one glare from him made her immediately take a seat next to Andrei as I was settled across from him.

"Why are you awake?" She whispered to Andrei just as Dante left and went straight to the kitchen.

"Just talking about some business stuff" He replied and she nodded.

Between the three of us she's definitely more comfortable with Andrei. She looks like she trust him a bit. I hope I get to build a relationship like that with her, if not like Gio or Sandro. I have heaps and heaps of brothers but only one sister, I want to have a strong bond with her.