9. i care about you

Sophie

Rehearsal has just finished which means that I'm on my break and, strangely, Lexi seems to be on hers too. We usually don't have the same breaks though as we're in different classes due to our ages.

"You're on a break too?" I ask Lexi, curiously.

She shakes her head "Actually, no. I'm just skipping."

My eyes widen slightly as she says that as I realise that she's skipping class again "What?! He's gonna be so mad at you!" I warn her.

She rolls her eyes slightly "Come on, you and I both know that he won't give a fuck. He's probably too busy staring at Rebecca's ass when she's stretching to give a fuck about where I am." She tells me, talking about how Mr Adam's can be a little creepy sometimes.

"Oh..." I reply to her with, sort of processing the way she speaks about him.

We end up sitting down against the wall at the back of the building. And I look around, aimlessly, picking at the ground as I'm really nervous right now.

We haven't spoken since the kiss...

But suddenly, she says to me "How have you been?"

"W-what?" I ask.

"How have you been?" She asks again, almost as if what she means should be obvious.

And then she laughs slightly, before saying "How have you been since we kissed?"

I immediately blush, not knowing what to say because I don't have the right words to describe how amazing that kiss felt. And I've actually been really good since it happened and it's made me much happier.

Whenever I start getting any bad thoughts, I remember our kiss and then they all go away.

"Uhm... fine, I guess." I reply with, nervously.

We sit in silence for a few seconds, until she breaks it by saying "Look, Sophie, I just want you to know that I wasn't lying when I said that I liked you... I was telling the truth, I think you're an amazing girl and you're also really pretty so that's a bonus."

She continues "And I know that you don't really know me that well, and I'm the complete opposite to you, but I want to prove to you that we could be really good together."

We look into each other's eyes as she says those stuff to me. I can feel butterflies in my stomach at the thought of another girl wanting to be with me. But I've never dated a girl before, or anyone for that matter, so this is really scary to me.

"And I know that being with a girl for the first time is a little strange and it comes with a lot of worries, but you shouldn't have to hide who you are." She tells me, trying to make me feel comfortable with who I am.

I may not have told anyone about my sexuality, but I think Lexi already knows who I am without me even saying it to her. You see, I think I might be bisexual but I don't know if I'm ready to tell anyone about it. I just worry that my mom might be mad at me...

"I know." I smile a little, trying to show her that I appreciate her being so kind to me "I just need a little time, that's all."

I look down at my hand as I feel her touching it gently. She strokes my skin with her thumb before we both meet eyes again.

"And you can have as much time as you need." I instantly feel relieved as she says this to me "We can take things as slow as you want."

I smile, appreciatively "Th-thank you."

She doesn't take her hand away from mine, and I notice her staring at my lips as she licks her own, biting it a little.

And then she says something that makes my heart beat even quicker "I really want to kiss you right now."

I really want to kiss her too...

But because I told her that I wanted to take things slowly, I decide to ruin the fun, by saying "I thought we said that we'd take things slow? I don't think kissing beside a dumpster is taking things slow." I joke around a little, seeing her roll her eyes at my stubbornness.

"I think it's quite romantic actually." She jokes, giggling to herself.

I roll my eyes, playfully, before saying "Come on, you have class to get to."

She rests her head against the wall behind her, groaning as she realises that I want her to get to class "Ugh, why?! Can't we just stay out here and talk? It's much more fun!"

She gives me those sad puppy dog eyes which she probably thinks will win me over but it's definitely not going to work "No, I also have class and, unlike you, I want to have the main part this year." I tell her.

"You're such a teacher's pet." She jokes.

I decide to do something about Lexi's stubbornness, so I hold out my hand so that I can pull her up to take her to class. She, hesitantly, grabs it and I pull her up off of the ground.

"Now let's get to class." I wink at how as I sense how annoyed she is already.

I walk in front of her and she's dragging her feet on the ground, trying to resist doing what I say.

I know that she hates class and she'd much rather skip so that she can smoke behind a dumpster but I don't want that for Lexi. I can see that she's talented, she deserves to succeed and she's certainly not going to do that by missing classes.

So I'm going to be the person to make sure that she goes to her classes because no one else is doing that.

As soon as we enter the building through the front doors, I hear her ask me this "Why do you even care whether I'm going to class or not?"

I turn around, so I can say "Because I care about you..."