65. my own little secret

Sophie

I walk into my house, immediately being greeted by the sound of kissing. I scrunch up my nose in disgust when I realise that both of my parents are having a moment that I certainly didn't want to walk into.

I watch as the both of them giggle as they kiss slowly, both of their hands all over each other's bodies. And because it's embarrassing, I clear my throat, the both of them finally realising that I'm there.

"Sophie!" Mum says, looking over at me "Y-you're home early! Your mom was just about to drive to get you."

"Yeah, class got cancelled."

"Oh, you should've sent us a text." She says.

"I kinda just wanted to walk. It's nice to get some fresh air sometimes." I tell them.

They seem quite surprised by that. I then watch as the both of them giggle, my mom resting her head on mum's shoulder as she's unable to contain her laughter. They're acting suspiciously happy and it's quite weird to see. Usually there's always some sort of tension between the both of them.

"What's funny?" I ask as I'm really curious about it.

"Oh, nothing." Mom lifts up her head.

"So... uhm, how was college?" Mum changes the topic of the conversation "I feel like you never talk to us about it anymore. You still having troubles?"

I shake my head "No, everything's fine. Like I said, I feel like I'm actually starting to fit in. Plus, I have a few friends now."

"That's great to hear!" She smiles at me "You should invite them over sometime. It would be nice to have someone over for dinner, it's not been the same since Hailey moved away."

"Yeah, maybe."

Of course I'd love to have Addison over at the house but I just don't think my parents would like her. She's not like Hailey. Hailey was quiet and sweet and she fit right into my family. Addison, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of her. Plus, my mom hated Lexi so I have a feeling that she wouldn't like Addison either.

Then mum says "Are you hungry? We're gonna order some food."

I shake my head "No, I'm fine. Just order without me, I'm good."

"Are you sure?" She looks slightly concerned.

"Yeah, I have a lot of homework so I'll eat later."

"Okay, sweetie." She smiles "As long as you eat something."

"I will."

I walk straight past them and up the staircase. I actually am really hungry but I have other things on my mind. The truth is that I haven't been able to get Addison's idea out of my head. I just want to meet someone and I have a feeling that this might be my chance.

As soon as I walk into my room, I dump my bags onto the floor before immediately locking my door. I then throw my body onto the bed, pulling out my phone from my pocket. I realise that Addison had sent me a text but I decide to ignore it for now.

It doesn't take me long to create my own profile. I fill in a few boxes, adding a photo of myself and a few details about me. And the next thing I know I have my own profile set up.

This feels exciting; It feels like my own secret and I love it.

The website is actually quite easy to use so I find myself beginning to endlessly swipe left and right on guys that pop up on there. Most of them I don't find attractive but I decide to give them a chance anyway. And no one really catches my eye until I find one boy that does...