Bb

Isis

"Another tattoo, Isis, really?," Danisha asked, watching me press the ink and needle on my right thigh

I bit the side of my lip in pain for a moment then grabbed my wipes to remove the access ink off of my right leg. It now read: No guts, No Glory.

There were tattoos splattered all around my body besides my face, stomatch, and legs, hence me doing my next set there.

My goal was to distract myself enough so I wouldn't rely on alcohol and drugs. Now that i'm carrying, it's becoming harder to stick to my plan.

Every time I feened for it, I would loose my mind and vented to my tattoo gun whenever I could.

I shook my head, placing the stick into my mouth, and swiping a quick whiff before Jonah snatched it out my hand.

"Aight 'na." He eyed me, taking his hit. "You can't be doing allat while you pregnant Ice."

My fingers tapped briefly on the table where my items sat, watching time move at a slow pace. I had work in a few hours and hoped they didn't notice the severe drop in my Pathophysiology course.

If they knew I was pushing a low D all while sitting in a room with patients, real patients, they'd get rid of my ass immediately.

I needed that job right now, and not because it was my dream to work in the medical field but, It was really all I had besides anything that was loaned to me.

I owed a few hundred dollars to a couple of people who've been blowing my phone up nearly every day to pay them back.

In all honestly, It's been a couple weeks and I promised they'd get their money, but the last time I got hit up about it, I blocked everyone that I owed.

"You can't get tattoos while you pregnant either," Jonah reminded, blowing smoke around my face as I placed syrram wrap over my polished skin.

I like to think that Jonah cares for me, but I wasn't too naive about my feelings since there was no certainty on my where we stood.

One moment he was in my face, swearing up and down that he loves me and could possibly see us being together, the next he's staying low, sleeping with everyone he laid eyes on.

"Yeah, I know," I replied, pulling up a website I had bookmarked on all my devices.

Lately, I've been thinking about my other options. It laid between adoption and figuring out who my babies father was.

I kept a record of all the niggas I fucked, not for conversation starters or to flaunt about, but it was the only thing that made me feel human.

The little hope I had left fell to the fact that the men I did mess around with had bank. They literally showered in money, which means my child would be secure.