Zz 2

Disclaimer : This book is going to finish in a few. I honestly could drag it out another 10-15 chapters, but I think it's time to let this book end 🫶🏽

 I honestly could drag it out another 10-15 chapters, but I think it's time to let this book end 🫶🏽

Ezekiel

They sobered me without my permission. I was a brand new man walking the streets of Richard's Valley, as if I were affluent.

A suit and tie, they gave me. And a church hat to match it. Those days of my life weren't left in the past.

Without my daily injections, i've began to notice things about my appearance that I wouldn't have before.

"Since when did I get a bald spot?" I hissed, snatching the ill-favored hat off and focusing on the center of my head.

"Sober me is hideous," I scoffed, wishing they'd just leave me alone.

I was outside, where the hanging patio was, and used that as a safe haven for my complains.

My face grew stank as I snarled at myself, looking through the small mirror Asaad uses to see the back of his head when brushing those waves.

I rolled my eyes just thinking about that shit. It wouldn't be the first time I scrutinized him about that unbelievable hairstyle.

"I told the boy to get a high top like his old man back in the day, to look fresh. Now, look at him. He spend more time in the mirror than a bitch!"

Infuriated by his actions, I pulled out a cigarette, lighting it up with the same lighter Asaad used for his prayer candles. Now, it was stuffed between my chapped lips.

Besides my son, I disliked Darius. He was too bossy for my liking, demanding I do this and that so I can comply to their plan perfectly.

It's clear his pressure was out of love, but I didn't care.

"And they never shut-up," I babbled, letting the hit of nicotine relieve me of stress.

Darius's voice lingered inside. "I'm thinkin' since yo' dad is gonna meet with the elites, he can knock two birds with one stone. Not just gettin' Yasmin, but my son too."

"Tuh!" I flicked the end off the cigarette with immense force.

They think i'm captain save-a-hoe, having me do missions as though I weren't an old man going blind. They even refused my wanting to live in a nursing home, with my kind.

"Bring me back to the streets, I say, but NO, they would rather kill me off!"

Watching the end of the cigarette grow shorter, I sighed, disregarding the many hits i've taken within a few minutes.

Hearing another voice, in the back, I turned my head to see what was going on, but was only left to see Asaad kissing the forehead of that girl.

It was something I couldn't escape, even if I tried. The two of them were everywhere, doing things i've never considered while married.