Epilogue

* Please make sure you didn't skip any chapters. All 3 dropped today

 All 3 dropped today

Isis

Isis

It's been a full year and I made sure to check my calendar to mark the day that life truly began for me.

Some things have changed, and I was happy and accepting of it.

Some things didn't, but I learned to accept that, too.

After speaking to Ms. Bailey, we concluded Yasmin might've suffered from a condition called Schizoaffective, and it took a lot for me to come in terms with it.

I was in denial, for a while, but eventually I took closure in knowing that Yasmin, indeed, was willing to harm me.

Those messages between her and dad were locked in my mind, and it was heartbreaking to revisit those conversations.

But everything's for the best now, and i'm safe.

I scheduled constant visitations with Solace, legally changing her name and enjoying every moment I had with her when she visited.

I shared custody and co-parented with Enrico, though he wasn't fond of this and tried taking us to court for full custody.

Asa also shared custody with Kesha for their son, Cairo. The only difference was, she wasn't fighting custody. She liked the dynamic we all had and even called me step-mommy.

In regard to Asa and his never ending cycle of finding his niche, we moved out of Richard's Valley, residing in the next city: Winderfield, and I absolutely love it.

Asa wasted no time bringing me comfort and even let me choose the home we'd stay in, as long as I could see us having a family in it.

Something about him.. would forever bring me butterflies.

Our relationship had only grown stronger and we barely argued as he made sure to treat me every chance he could.

Ezekiel was always calling him a sissy or a big baby with the demeanor change around me, but he'd brush his father off, giving every lick of attention he had to me.